The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a black/gold Lx rear mech in 7/10 condition. i killed my cranks today so i need to get rid of some stuff to fund the replacement. how much is it worth reckons?

FluffyChicken":33sry0nl said:
jimmycth":33sry0nl said:
coomber":33sry0nl said:
jimmycth":33sry0nl said:
Sorry but nobody knows anything about the Marin Muirwoods (which I assume it is) I posted earlier?

Have a look on the bottom bracket shell for a frame number. Then we can work out what model it is. Couldn't tell you otherwise what it is.

It's M84CS6115. Thx.

If you want o know what it is then just post in the chat area. It's not worth a lot, as it's a low end Marin. High end are not worth too much either other than the very high end.
Components will make their market value and that goes for the person with no pics selling XTR stuff who doesn't read the FAQ area on way to make them small enough to post. XTR will make more or less what people who actually get a sale in the for sale area (do a search ;))

Anyways.

It's a 1994 produced MARIN, so look in the Archive for the catalouge or at the mtb-katalogue site (see the links section)
It's the 8th in the range for that year, in 1994 that would be Bobcat Trail.

Meaning how much is it worth? 50? 100? Just a guide pls.

Got some bits that have been lurking in cupboards or in the shed for at least 10 years. I've finally decided to get rid of them and thought somebody on here might be interested. They're all well used so I know they won't make me rich!!! But has anybody got an idea of a realistic price to ask for them?

Main item is a Proflex 855 frame - 18 or 20 inch (can't remember - I usually ride a 20 inch but my first Proflex was an 18. These frames were like hen's teeth in '95 so I may have settled for an 18 inch just because it was available). It was bought as a frame and built up with a custom set of parts (e.g. Pace forks instead of Girvins etc). It was retired in 1999. It is as battered as you'd expect after 4 years of proper mountain biking. In particular there are bits where the paint has been rubbed off by the cables, various small chips and the top of the top tube got scratched up from the ends of the bars just touching it if they swang around and I think I scratched it with my cleats a couple of times after switching to SPDs (the top tube was patched at the time with the correct touch up paint - but although it matched the colour it was actually a bit of a blobby mess that attracted dirt - on reflection I'd've been better to have just left the scratches). Anyway, errrr.... I'm not selling this very well am I! Apart from scratches etc the frame is sound - no major dents, cracks or any other serious damage. The pivot bolts are just loosely fitted in the photo, but all parts appear to be present and correct. (The cable through the chainstay is just to help guide a gear cable through - you'll thank me for leaving it there if you buy it and try to feed a rear mech cable through the stay. Its not part of the bike - or holding it together!!!). I want to sell this as is - so I'm going to leave on the various bits which are currently attached (yes I know I could probably make a few more quid if I stripped it all down etc but to be honest I can't be bothered). These are: V-brakes, bottom bracket and cranks (probably all Shimano XT), plus a USE seat post with appropriate shim and Cane Creek headset. The headset feels as you'd expect after 10 years in a shed but the bottom bracket is still smooth. Anybody got any idea how much I should ask?

Whilst rummaging in the shed I've also found the following which I'd like to re-home:

Controltech stems - 1 is 1 1/8 inch the other is 1 1/4 inch. Both polished aluminium, zero rise and I think 100 or 120mm long (I'll check, but I doubt it makes much difference to their value). Both used but essentially sound apart from peeling stickers

Pace/Renthal RC+130 bars, silver finish with red X-lite bar ends. Used and tatty. For safetys sake I wonder if it might be better to chuck these - they were well built, but lightweight and would hate them to snap.

And the ultimate obscurity - an orange 1991 Girvin flexstem and Proflex rigid fork. Originally from a Proflex 750 these have been kicking about unused for 15 years (why? - I've moved house 4 times since then - I can't believe I kept hold of them!). They are tatty with some spots of surface rust on the forks - but somebody somewhere might just want them.

Any help pricing any of these items would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

Attachments

• 855.jpg
    855.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 1,430
If I break the recently purchased Ascent EX I will be selling some Mountain LX, Canti's, front and rear mechs, rear wheel and front shifter/lever combo.
I was thinking along the lines of:

Cantis - £5 a pair (£8 the lot)
Rear mech - £10
Front mech - £5
Rear Wheel (Mountian LX Hub, 13-30 cassette, Araya RX-7 Rim) - £15
Shifter/Lever (front) - £5

Would they sell? Does anyone still crave Mountain LX kit?

I also have a Whyte Industries front hub laced to a Mavic SP338 (I think) rim is excellent condition but have no idea what it's worth, does £30 seem reasonable?

Carl.

MANITOU FS

MANITOU FS!

I know. How unlikely is that?
I'm seriously considering moving on my Manitou though. At the moment it's just frame, forks, BB and front mech but there's a seatpost and saddle and their way from the states.
Front elastomers are fine. Rear ones are starting to lose the war against gravity a bit but they still move ok. (If I was gonna keep it I'd probably upgrade them to hard springs anyway)
No cracks, BUT it has had a tiny weld on the bottom of the bottom bracket ages ago (By a previous owner). It can't be seen when the bike is upright and I don't see it being an issue. Are you really going to thrash this?

So the main reason I'm probably gonna move it on is the rear mech hanger. The threads gone on it. To get it going again I reckon it'll need a blob of weld and then a new thread re-cutting.
Probably not the end of the road for the bike, but I really can't be bothered to track down an engineer who's willing to do it for peanuts.

Apart from that, it IS a ridable bike.
Any ideas?
10424_260655840540_717250540_8942308_5309441_n.jpg

Crap picture. I'm having some freakish weather here and am staying in the dull garage. Will get a better one later. ;) [/u]

1992 Lava Dome

As you can see by mt post count I am quite new here and as a result dont have much of a clue to the value of the bike in the title.

Its a 17 inch frame in black with the project 2 forks and all original bar the front canti's, saddle,pedals and tyres. I have some period tyres for it and the original bill of sale. Was going to restore for the wife about 4 years ago and been in the lock up gathering dust since.

I am currently looking for a sub £200 bike a wondered how much this could add to my budget?

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/ ... C02029.jpg

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,274
Re: zasker le

hurin76":2akdn3ey said:
how much for a 1998 gt zasker le 17 inch frame in good condition??

It's probably a 16.5 or then a 18, and you can expect around $250 to $300 USD for it in the USA, more in the UK....could go lower, but not much higher.

Okay, pictures can come later for those who need them, but figure enough of the people who might answer have seen my bikes, so I'll try just listing them.

As usual, I still have an 18" King Kahuna for sale, but never got a response to what it might be worth in pounds/euros or dollars (depending who might be interested and where they live.) It's missing top tube decals, but all the others are intact, original and in very good condition. The frame is in excellent shape and there are no issues whatsoever with it. Frame weight is around 1.6 kg. This is the frame with gussets and bi-oval tubing, so flex is reduced or non-existent depending on your weight. Looking for a price for frame only.

Next, I'm thinking of selling one of either: my 1992 18" Explosif frameset with original fork and headset in black. I also have the bars but they have been cut very short. Possible to sell a new (year old and not heavily used) CK threaded headset in red and a new (year old and not heavily used) Salsa seatclamp in red. Dog collar is included with frame. Looking for price of frameset with and without CK and Salsa kit. Depending on interest, I might sell my Joe Murray combo cage (still with original levers and patch kit, though the glue and patches are no longer viable) and will most likely throw in the 100mm Velocity stem I am using on it now. You can use the parts from the stems to make one work. I have a Syncros seatpost that could eventually go with it, but let's start with frameset.
OR
1995 18" Kilauea in yellow (unusual, but original Kona paint). I have the original seatpost and titec titanium bars. They could go with the frame or be sold seperately, as there should be enough interest in them. So looking for a price for the frame with and without the bar and post.

Remember, I have not decided 100% to sell the Explosif or Kilauea yet, but thinking I may have to get rid of one. Also, the two frames are not the same size despite both being 18". The Explosif is pre-suspension adjusted and has a shorter top tube than the Kilauea, so it is a much more compact frame. Very ligt and fun to ride though when it's so "small", but if 18" is at the lower end of your fit scale, then you should pass. If you can ride a 17" comfortably then this will fit you. I'm 5'10" and can ride a 17 or 18" Kona, though prefer a 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back