1992 Orange Prestige

gregsy

Devout Dirtbag
Here's my Orange Prestige.

This photo was taken today after its first hour long ride out over Hornchurch country park, Ingrebourne valley or whatever its called. I was so please with it I thought I'd bung a few pictures on here of my first build after almost a ten year break from MTB's (when I sold my Orange E3.) I have been back in the saddle for a month or so, on my commuter hack courtesy of the very generous KeepitSteel and the Marin Miurwoods he gave me as Karma. (Thanks again Jamie) That really gave me the buzz back as Ive been hacking around all over the place on it.

Anyway back to the Prestige, Ive built it up for function really, its not been built as a mint garage queen, but as my main off road ride, so there are a small element of new bits currently fitted, like the front forks and front V brakes (canti hanger is still fitted from steel forks I had fitted previously), these may be swapped at some point for a set of RC30's or P2's and the other half of the LX canti setup, but for now its a bit of a compromise for ride comfort, like that comfy saddle for example ;)

92 19" Orange Prestige Frame

Mavic 221 Rims with STXRC hubs (Left over from upgrading my E3 in 1997 theyve only had about 6 months use)
STXRC Rear Cassette 8 speed. Shimano Quick Release skewers.

LX M560 Crankset
Deore XT M732 Front Mech
XTR 952 Rear Mech
LX 569 8 Speed STi Shifters

LX Canti rear brakes
Deore XT Pedals
Deore LX UM54 New Bottom Bracket
Avid Canti Levers
Ritchey Logic Headset
Kalloy Uno Handlebars
Orange SK8 Stem
Kalloy Seat Post
Spinner Grind 1" Suspension Forks
Tyres Michelin Country Mud

Attachments

• crank.jpg
    crank.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,215
  • prestige1.jpg
    prestige1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,215
Thanks Edd, Its good to be back on an Orange again, I always fancied trying one of their steel frames after a friend of mine bought a beauty of a P7 many moons ago.

I thought I'd save the stickers in case I treat her to a full repaint at some point, Ive just touched her in for the time being.

Looking good...

Been thinking of painting a P7 black but cant bring myself to lose the nickel finish!!

Dont do it, I love the Nickel P7's ... unless the Nickels completely battered of course.

Latest posts

Back