dp fire bird

well i went on swapz .co.uk and it was up in an ad to swap for a kayak
anyway being cheeky i asked if he would take £50 he said yes any way i never got a response for a week then he said would i be intrested in the original bars so i said yes ok but again a week went past ,anywaY I THOUGHT THE PERSON WAS TAKING THE PISS BECUASE I OFFERD £50 ,
anyway he emailed me and said when can i pick it up so i went ther straght away. it was a young lad and the bike was in chrome but bad condition i had the extra dp bars thrown in for £60 all in i was the happeist man that day got offered £180 just for the bars wont sell them though waiting for a gl ltd any way got it powdered for £30 stickers £10 and so on
was i lucky i think so
but i get loads of bargains i keep my eyes open
but i just paid £300 for a trm freestyler f/f as there more rarer and its what i wnted :cool:

DP Ltd. Ed. GL Plus Firebird

2 have surfaced recently - I got given one by my brother-in-law as a restoration project. Another also came up and is owned by Firebird Steve who runs the DP site. I'm stripping my to try and re-coat to match the original. Steve's is in good enough condition to leave as a survivor.

pics to follow as this is my first post

GL Plus pics

Pictures here...
Mine..
100_2799.jpg

Steves...
200920091869.jpg

what a good brother in law ??
nice bikes them only two ive seen of the limited addition
need some dp ladder bars for urs and i got a set not doing nothing
cnt wait to see urs finnished in the orig coulour

DP Ltd. Ed. GL Plus Firebird

Matching the original colour is proving a bi*ch. Trying to get this bronze electroplating place to do it for me but other places have quoted £300 - £400 to get it done. Thought about just painting it a trad. DP colour but thats a bit like spraying a Zebra brown - its just another horse then!

I only got the bike on condition that I didnt sell it - he wanted to see it restored and ridden and thats what I wanted to do! My original bike got robbed in Coventry in the early 90s - iflouro pink GL with pink Ladder bars.

Been trying to get some DP bars as I'm not feeling those Vincent bars at all. Been reading old ABMX issues...man - every shop had DP bars for £15! can't find them for love nor money now.

i know what ur saying about the bars ther worth so much money
dnt spray that frame get it done properly i know it will cost abit but aye it will hold its moneythese frames are going up in value one went on ebay the other day without the orig forks and choped rear forks stays £400
half a frame to me :shock: i wnt at least £800 for mine if i sold now
but keeping it it for me son same as me trm im doing and the 84 powerlite pro i got is going to me daughter when ther older i just wnt a mk1 pro burner for me other son then ill be happy little investments thatt u can ride enjoy and know ur get ur money back ,, win win to me ;)

That TRM looks sweet... just like the ads back in the day.

I used to love the side profile of that Fox 4styler but it had a horrible gusset between the top tubes. I'm just DP 4 Life.

Your right about DP stuff being an investment - its difficult as well though 'cause I'm just trying to get the parts that I was riding when I as 16... I can't afford £200 for some bars! I've been so lucky to even get the bike - is no.171 of 500 - I still can't believe I've got it - I'll find some bars one day! I'm 38 next month so I need to be making the most of riding now!

If you check out the dpfirebird.co.uk site theres a couple of pix of the bike I've got from the 80s - its a good feeling to be bringing it back to life.

How do. Great thread. I just found it whilst doing a google search for Firebird Freestyler.

I used to own a Glyn Lewis Plus back in the day. A flouro pink version with matching bars. I got lucky and picked up a mates redline race bike for 50 quid which had profile flight cranks, mks graphite pedals and tuffs amongst other stuff and which I fitted to the DP.

Unfortunately, I sold it on in '88 when I moved onto road bikes.

Currently searching for the same F&F set to replicate my old ride for my son!

It would appear they are scarce LOL !

finished mine

got the best colour I could - a pewter powder... not exactly like the original but different enough to make it special :)

I'm a happy man :D

d.jpg

Latest posts

Back