Mr K's Day in the Peaks 26th September **AFTERMATH**

I thought they were taking the piss when they said a load of Morris dancers were outside :LOL: Classic

A big thank you to Mr K and Max for the usual slick approach to keeping us all going in the right direction and entertained along the way. :cool:

A few highlights...

*The 'Phoenix Nights Pub dinner and DJ evening. Just pure genius. Couldn't have written it it was so classic. Dj playing 70's only music, but it was 80's as the 80's compilation cd was in the 70's case and he didn't know any difference. Oh and his nipping off to the Spar to get some cheap lager to drink out of the pub's glass. - why? Surely they paid him in beer at least.

*Dinner...where to start?... :LOL:
me - where's my dinner?
them - you had a starter.
me - no.
them - your mate did.
me - so?
them - we like to get all food out at once.
me - eh? his arrived an hour ago.
them - it's coming alright...(after 2 hrs). :LOL: When it did, it was micro slop upside down still in the exact plastic tub shape and with the imprint on the pasta.

*Any words that spouted from Heathy's gob. Genius. Particular fave and quote of the day for me was Heathy's description of Brighton...."Wave upon wave of German Bombers of girls" (please replace the word girls with any suitable or unsuitable derogatory term for women).

*Lots of lovely climbs in lovlier sunshine.
*Great company - thank you all.
*bike of the day for me - Dr S and JV's Yo's. And that P20.
*The Guv'nor putting the SX Trail gnarley junkie in his place..."bet your mum thinks you're a real winner mate". :LOL:
*Mr K's apparent teleporation ability as he would appear on the next bend after you whizzed past him on the last. :?
*Klein Chris and my b&b room, that was great, apart from it was for one small person not one small person and one tall person. :LOL:
*Getting lost on the way home again. Missed 5 junctions on the M40 before realising. :roll:

Ok, here's the data from the ride....(21.93 miles)

There's loads of stuff to click and explore on this page, such as Large Map (turn on and off satellite images, zoom right in close enough to see the sheep), detailed Elevation Profiles and Speed/Pace Profiles.

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip ... pId=529560

The crazy Max Speed was just my BlackBerry swinging around on my neck ;)

This pic was in the very last seconds of me quitting:

'**** **** **** ****, **** **** **** ****, arse arse arse arse...'

sick_note_198.jpg

I cant put names to all the faces but, again special thanks to Mr.K for being very patient, Pickle for the lift and those who made me laugh in the pub.

I'm already thinking about next years bike...

mrkawasaki":2jf6uj5r said:
PS. Anyone know how the Big Man of Pain got on against Fred Salmon yet??

47th 3 Peaks Cyclo Cross
27th September 2009

Ed Edwards 05:36:05.25
Fred Salmon 03:35:17.05

Brilliant effort Ed, that's one tough event !!

heathy":11f3c5bc said:
I thought they were taking the piss when they said a load of Morris dancers were outside :LOL: Classic

I saw them walking towards Hope on the main road as I was going home. They must have done one hell of a walk over the day.

My nightmares will hopefully get better now as I seemed to get down the descents easier this year. In fact, compared to last year - when I 'packed' at Edale - I found it all a lot less hard. Losing approx 2.5 stone and doing lots more miles since then obviously helped! I even rode all the way to the mast (except for stopping when my front wheel washed out on a particularly rough bit). Last year I was walking from the trees near the bottom after the ford.

Oh, and the 1cm of travel on my forks was a definite assistance!

LGF - you're a hero to have even come given how bad you were. Hope you get better soon. Oh, and Gus with his hand, brave man.

Good ride by Ed, nothing to be ashamed of there.

EDIT - see full result here -

http://www.3peakscyclocross.org.uk/

Wow, several mentions on a Ride thread when I wasn't even present :shock:

Looks like it was a superb time and the weather absolutely perfect - Mr K has clearly created a monster over the past 3 years and I'm sure future editions will be just as good.

John":1koxwnz6 said:
mrkawasaki":1koxwnz6 said:
Who said Fat Chance made great handling bikes...??! :roll: :oops:

Mr K

:LOL: That's the skills the pay the bills right there. To be fair I defy anyone to maintain concentration when reminded of EdEdwards' 'Amsterdam haul' on a descent.

Steady there big man, I know you're a bit heady after your Quiz 3peat but I have photographic evidence of your post midnight misdemeanour in Holland after being egged on by the German entrants in the bar - faux is as faux does

neilll":1koxwnz6 said:
mrkawasaki":1koxwnz6 said:
PS. Anyone know how the Big Man of Pain got on against Fred Salmon yet??

47th 3 Peaks Cyclo Cross
27th September 2009

Ed Edwards 05:36:05.25
Fred Salmon 03:35:17.05

Brilliant effort Ed, that's one tough event !!

Well I finished which was the main aim, even managing to ride parts of the course. Thankfully Vinia lifted my spirits before the start with "but honey, where will you have lunch?"

Reckon I could have had some of the faster guys but wanted to savour the experience rather than rushing things. It's all about the long game.

Cracking pics as always MrK, and a great 2/3's review by DrS.

Loving the 'Room with a Wu' pic Si.

Or any pics from snapper Jack? Is the Peak Park guy going to send over some pics

Si

Back