Boy"O"boy's Inbred 29er S/S

jango":4cw54e98 said:
i have been bangin on to Average Mark that 29 ers are ideal for the Norfolk and Sufolk flatlands !!

If I'm not mistaken, after Sundays ride he may have a new type of machine at the top of his wishlist............a Tractor :LOL:

.......CK seemed taken with it too :shock:

Well Mark had a go on my 29 er last Satuday and had a shit eating grin on his face as he easily cleared a root section on one of our local trails .

I suspect a Tractor might be forthcoming !!

29er's are fun, aren't they.

Are you using a regular top cap for that Syncros stem? I am curious about how it's done. I just picked up a Syncros that came with no top cap, I've been trying to come up with a homebrew solution for it.

boy"O"boy":18gpff7b said:
Hi y'all

Bought this several months back and finally completed the build last weekend. The 'virgin' ride took place at this weekend's Thetford rideout.
The coulour is 'sand' according to the On-one site. I prefer to see it more as a 'custard' colour wheareas Rekiborter and Jango call it more of a Morris Ital 'beige'. The racier set-up may not suit all tastes... but the momentum the 29er wheels hold even uphill is fantastic! and those 'washboard' energy sapping bumps that make up the Thetford trials and race routes were noticeably easier too. I'm now absolutely converted to the 29er S/S philosophy. It's a great bike for the 'East anglian highlands'!!..... even if they are know as 'traaactteerrs' round these parts.

Enjoy....

boy"O"boy

Octsoc said:

Are you using a regular top cap for that Syncros stem? I am curious about how it's done. I just picked up a Syncros that came with no top cap, I've been trying to come up with a homebrew solution for it.

Take a headset spacer and cut it at the desired angle,should get you away :)

MJN":q9jhcmsu said:
Octsoc":q9jhcmsu said:

Take a headset spacer and cut it at the desired angle,should get you away :)

Cheers for the comments guys.

Just as MJN said - that's exactly what I did!.... cut a 20mm hope spacer down to the same angle as the stem chamfer. Meant I could now use a head doctor rather than the plastic top cap which was to be frank....rubbish.

May make a few changes in the coming months.... going to try a slightly bigger toothed set up on the rear to see if it makes a difference against the bigger wheels. Steeper inclines are harder to get the momentum going with a 32-16. Rooty downhills are the nuts though!

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

My pal (beavis on here) is building one of these up as we speak. Same frame and I think he's after those on-one wheels as well. He's got the carbon rigid forks though so I wont tell him they're rubbish. ;)

Looking forward to having a go myself. :D

ANother wheel Q :oops: the weights listed on the on one site, are these total wheel/tyre weight or wheels on there own?...do you know

Back