Hope No2 calliper ??,news to me

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
What the hell does the no2 calliper fit :shock:
Ive heard of callipers 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 9:74, & 11,but never a 2

I cant do a pic as i dont know how to capture from ebay[they seem able to prevent you from copy/pasting :? ]

Link to the auction-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

I had one of these in black on the clockwork but im sure it didnt have a No2 on it :?

Nor did it have the lettering filled out in red nor those cutaway sides on the calliper

Limited edition perhaps :? Or more likely somebody's been at it with a red marker :LOL:
They look minty , i only hope they are the same internally and dont need a major service.
Cant wait till they arrive,probably be next week though :(

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
thats just down the road from me!

not a lot of help to you though

JeRkY":1dgzkuo7 said:
Think its the original RS Boxer fit.

Nope .boxxer is No6 but then again that would be the front end.

Im asking about the REAR :LOL:

The front is the usual No3

:shock:
Not as many hope aficionados here as i thought.

Too much love for the canti :LOL:

Come on -come on -info required ,get your thinking caps on :?

No.this calliper incorporates an adaptor

My interest is in that hope dont have a calliper No2 listed anywhere,i jusy wondered where it came from,might be from a different country.
I'll ask the seller where he got the bike.

Its the type with where one side of the calliper is extended and mounts to the side of the dropout,it creates a false dropout.
You need a special hope axle to fit it.
As the calliper mounts to the inside of the dropout it makes that spacing about 135[i think] instead of 150mm,therefore the smaller wheel

I think you also need to redish the wheel to take account of the shorter axle :?
I managed to also get the wheel this calliper was attached to,from the same seller,so that saves me a shed load of problems.[not that there wont be plenty of others :LOL: ]
Just need a front wheel now and we're cooking with gas :cool:

hoegaardenadds1":1j4anknb said:
i think you need a torque arm as well, that bolts to the canti mount, to stop the calliper rotating.

Mostly you do
when i had a hope no2 fitted to my clockwork,the mechanic didnt have access to one so he made something to fit ,namely a small bit of alloy jubilee clipped onto the seat stay :LOL:
In my opinion,its far neater and worked for near 8yrs through everything,without any problems
Fitted and forgotted :D

Attachments

• sony_md_029_medium_200_986.jpg
    sony_md_029_medium_200_986.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 440
Back