Dura Ace 7402 pedals?

PIGEON

Retro Guru
I have a pair of these pedals that I put up for sale:

datc1.jpg

datc3n.jpg

A guy wanted to know how much I wanted for them and I really had no idea so I did a bit of searching what they normally go for, and I found this:
http://www.cafedevelo.com/index.php?act ... oductId=72
:shock:
Obviously, mine aren't nos.. But really, the only thing wrong with them is some corrosion on the cages, which can be bought as spares. Are these the same pedals? And what would be a reasonable price? I'm not trying to get rich but I don't want to regret selling them later on either lol

Wow, what a website - and what prices!!

Where does he find that stuff?!!

No idea what you should ask for yours but, sorry to say, not as much as him I'm sure!

They are same ones...

I have seen NOS -pairs going really high prices on Ebay.
Maybe there are few collectors trying to get these pedals for the wallhangers. :cool:

These pedals were/are used by almost all track sprinters. If you use double strap and cleat what belongs to those pedals it is impossible to get out of pedal. Also shape of pedal is good for bankings on the track.

I have four sets of these, but all used... :roll:

I know mine aren't nearly worth $300, as they are used too. But still used ones have got to be worth more than I would have guessed. If there's one thing I hate though, it's when people who put their old junk up for sale with a price tag like it's made of pure gold. I'll just let him make an offer like my advert says ;)

Shamus":2vh9xxqe said:
I have four sets of these, but all used...
I've got two pairs NOS, but only one set of cleats :(

I won three new pairs of cleats for 5€ in a badly-titled eBay auction a couple of years ago, but they never showed up. :(

The toe clips are hard to find now, and there's a special spanner to get at the bearings that looks a bit like those funny headset lockrings Shimano used at one time.

Very nice pedals.

I was about to add that the price quoted for the NOS pair above seems way out of line, and that they're much cheaper at a reputable track dealer like Business Cycles.

Then I went and had a look at the Business Cycles page:

http://www.businesscycles.com/trcomp.htm#pedals

:shock:

I think I would have been asking about £50 a pair for mine before I saw that!

Cleats are re-produed, but dont remember manufacturer now.
I have two sets of them somewhere, bought them from Sydney couple years ago.

Funny you should find the cafedevelo website. I happened to stumble across the owner of that website on a recent trip to California. He had just opened a little shop in Santa Barbara and it was filled with some amazing NOS road stuff. He spent the last 10 years living in Holland and has apparently now amassed several warehouses of stuff in Europe. He told me it took him 2-3 years to just get access to some factories/warehouses and build up contacts etc. but once he did it was like a goldmine!

Really nice guy actually, but he certainly knows how to charge lol :LOL: I think most of his business comes from Japan at the moment and they are willing to pay big bucks for fixie stuff right now.

Would be interested in the cages / toeclips, I have some Ultegra pedals that have done very low miles and have sat there forever because of needing the clips. I also have the ultegra cleats.

Any clues please :)

Back