Lincolnshire Area Group

fluffychicken - is there much riding to be had north of the river? never really ventured that far other that "little switzerland"

Brantingham/Melton/South Cave/Beverley/Riplingham and inside that area is ok, well last time I went properly was a long long time ago and things may have changed and I'm older now, so cutting new tracks will be more difficult.
I haven't managed to get out much :( but I shall be now I have a ridable bike again.

It's not difficult riding, more XC type and roads. Nothing like up in the moors though.
Not-young, unfit and slow people will still find some of it knackering*, if not just getting out of Melton if you go there.

Good for a jolly out and casual retrobike riding. Quarries where always fun but the best where south bank (South Ferriby) and I think the police now use them as shooting ranges. Air Ambulance was an essential tool for them though.

As for people here there is Me (Haltemprice area), chrisv40 (Howden area), neebsta (South Cave area), Tomahawk kid (Hull somewhere), i-am-iron-man (middle of Hull) and a few others I have forgotten but don't see here much.
Of course neither of us have afaik had a ride together. chrisv40 is super fit as he keeps telling me ;)

* tested and proved by me recently, I personally think the hills have got longer and steeper then BitD :D

That'll be why I don't ride the mtb in Lincolnshire very often but the Peak District is only 45mins away ;)

I think most of you have done my loop, so its about time another localish ride was had.

Anyone know any routes round the Wolds area?

Pickle":3hi6n2bv said:
Anyone know any routes round the Wolds area?

If it's the Wolds you're looking at I'd be very interested, I'm only available every other weekend though :(

The Wolds is my stomping ground, I ride there week in week out (just a humble 46 miles on the ss yesterday) and it'd be nice to show you guys some Lincolnshire hills. If you'd like me to show you around let me know what sort of distance you're looking at and I'll figure something out for you.

Cheers
Steve
:)

Yesterdays ride sounds fine,I did a road ride out that way on yesterday,the only place around here with hills(and lots of fields :cry: )

Well as I actually live bang in the middle of the Wolds at Donington on Bain and back many moons ago set up the Caistor Off Road Club - had quite a few members back then (mid 90s). Now just getting back into the swing and know most of the good routes around here.

Hoping to do the bicyclemania too.

So would be great to have a Lincs get together IMO - especially around here as it is the only part of Lincolnshire that has a few hills (for going down obviously).

:LOL:

Donington on Bain was one of the places I rode through yesterday, came via Withcall to the top of D on B on the BW that goes past the old dishes (you'll know what I mean) heading towards Biscathorpe. I was pretty pooped by then. :oops:

I'm cursing my shifts as I won't be able to do this next bicyclemania event. It'll be the first one I've missed since it started and I was hoping for a better run than the one that's just gone as I had a puncture on the very first descent!! :evil:

Back