Rock Lobster pics

Stem

The stem is raised only 1.1/2" believe it or not ! I have the bars an saddle level to make for comfort as most of my rides tend to be alldayers .

The idea was to stack a few spacers on top of the stem , but even though the Ringle is a wanten sexy piece of kit , you cant stack spacers on top . so it went together like this .

Cheers ,

Pete .

I remember these frames, - they were the same as an Orange Clockwork of the time, - if I recall correctly Orange got the import of them stopped. Think they were imported by Nichol Trading???

Re: Mmmmmm

peteteamtig":zxl2q554 said:
Have you read the previous posts ?

yes, - not sure what you point is?

My point was that Rock Lobster was a marketing brand in the same way that Orange were when they started, - they did not design bikes and have them built but instead bought something out of a catalogue, - not sure if you have ever seen TBG? It is a catalogue of Taiwanese hardware where manufacturers/factories would show case what they have designed and could make to order. The importer would then have their item branded with a name that would be marketable and create demand, - it could be said by doing so tricking their buying audience into thinking that they have something unique but actually they don't.

Some companies became very clever at this and it could be said that they took the MTB industry off in a different direction; Marin with John White. Others such as Specialized it could be said then followed what a little UK importer (ATB sales) were doing thereby influencing the world market.

What is your point ?

What you are telling me is nothing new , Merlin Cycles are doing the same today with the Rock Lobster brand . As are countless other Companies , from mountain bikes to matresses .

Are you telling me that mine is some far eastern frame set ? Because I can asure you it isnt , a three didgit frame number being the proof as well as numerous correspondence with Paul Sadoff .

:shock:

oops, sorry I commented on your thread. I was not trying to tell you anything, - this was actually my first posting on this messageboard I was just expressing the thoughts that came to mind upon looking at your bike, sorry to trouble you.

- I won't post again. I was mistaken to think that my years of experience and knowledge having worked for a retailer that helped influence the market as well as 4 years an importer/manufacturer might be of interest to some. :cry:

Latest posts

Back