Tioga Disk Drive with disk brakes??!!

Seem to remember that the older Ti-glide hope hubs had the same flange heights as old XT and so should work in a 36 hole variety with a disc drive although the dishing would be different as the flanges on disc hubs are closer together so may impact slightly on the fit of the thing. And then of course there's the 'would I trust a 15 year old wheel made of string, wire and tarpaulin to keep together on a full on 2007 bike' argument.......

pete_mcc":3a07zffi said:
Seem to remember that the older Ti-glide hope hubs had the same flange heights as old XT and so should work in a 36 hole variety with a disc drive although the dishing would be different as the flanges on disc hubs are closer together so may impact slightly on the fit of the thing. And then of course there's the 'would I trust a 15 year old wheel made of string, wire and tarpaulin to keep together on a full on 2007 bike' argument.......

wheres webby when u need him? sram disk hub deffo works..

A disc brake exerts different forces on the wheel to a rim brake and whilst this may be negligable (I don't know if anyone has ever bothered to research it) disc wheels are already pretty suspect, I wouldn't do it!

The sensor on the seatpost is attached to the thumbshifter on the handlebars that allows the seat post to adjust up and down for different terrain. See www.gravitydropper.com

I would love to put a set of spinergy or similar on but they are either not compatible with disks or the bolt thru front hub. I am thinking of a set of these - www.tagwheels.com - but am concerned about the weight and the non tubeless (could use a Stans conversion kit I suppose)

spin (tri spoke) did a disc brake wheel in around 96~
shimano later copied it, disc rotor slides onto the spline & lockring holds it in place.

Back