Help..... Year on my Zaskar??

You really cant beat some Mag 21's (?) on a Zaskar.... thanks for the info, when I get there I will probally drop him a PM.

Nice bike Pickle

stevetait":33lxqxbn said:
You really cant beat some Mag 21's (?) on a Zaskar....
Nice bike Pickle

Thanks.

Yes, Mag21's are really the only forks for a Zaskar. I have some rare Pro-Circuit forks in black that I was toying putting on mine, but I think I'll leave the Mag's on as they suit the look and ride of the bike so well. Its as if they we built with the bike in mind.

The Zaskar's (well, the early ones) geometry seems to be set up for suspension. I've tried various rigid forks over the years and the wrong ones, too short, give that 'tramline' ride that puts people off.

Find the right forks and you'll have a bike you'll want to keep.

unlike this one:

Attachments

• zaskar.JPG
    zaskar.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,401
Totally agree this frame is a real beauty when its set up right. I used to have a pair of Mags but alas....sense and reason left me and I went on a suspension tangent. Been happy with the Amps though, nice and rigid. I will scour these forums now to grab some 21's again as I just love em.... there are some 20's popped up tonight.

Im going to tone the anodizing down a bit and pop a different crankset on I think.

Thank you GT for the Zaskar!

Yep - thanks, GT!

Here are some pics of my 1993 Zaskar with period correct decals and GT Bologna fork.
It was my first bike, I bought it in early 1994 in Heilbronn, germany. Of course, it's absolutely unsaleable. :)

Have fun!
Christian :)

3775027655_880ba56443_o.jpg

3775831884_f40327dc96_o.jpg

3775026849_4cb1a81c55_o.jpg

3775028647_96b67b3427_o.jpg

Back