Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Great little thread this, loving it...! I still remember the purple and white MF courier being the bike to have in the late eighties, then there was the episodes of streetwise (remember that anybody?) where everybody was riding them :cool: I even have half of a muddy fox wheel disc/cover in the folks' back garden...I'll retrieve it once the other half appears.

Thinking about it, my next bike will probably have to be one :D

BTW, if anybody needs it, I have an almost complete 6/7 speed suntour groupset for grabs which was more or less standard kit on 88-89 'foxes (chainset, mechs, shifters and brake levers). It's tatty but serviced and working and on the for sale thread somewhere ;)

I'm just stripping down my Courier at the mo ready for a paint and then a rebuild. Mine's pretty much original except for the tyres but it will need a new seat. VERY heavy and a strange position compared to modern geometry.

One went on eBay a couple of weeks back for £102 in average condition.

Here are some current pictures of my Seeker Mega (I really want the Sorcerer Mega as the paint in lovely but the Seekr will do). I have all the original bits still but have put the wheels (Wolber AT-18's on XT Hubs) off my old CB Anteaus on with the Scwalbe Slicks for commuting, the WTB Rocket Saddle was more comfortable than the Muddyfox Pawprint one. Only had chance to take it into work once but it rode nicely.

DSCF5376.jpg

DSCF5377.jpg

One as standard.

DSC03646.jpg

Carl.

my latest find... its an 87 courior... all there except the rear wheel is no original... fitted a specialized rollx tyre on the back now as the one in the pic went bang in a big way rolling off the drive this morning lol

looking to restore/modify it realy so does anyone know of someone who could make decals? and how much? :cool: also did these only come in white?

stuff001.jpg

My muddy fox flouresent green what model is it

I have just aquired this old Muddy fox and wondered if you guys could tell me a bit about its history...thanks grant

Attachments

• full bike.jpg
    full bike.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 5,504
love the retro 'sharkfin' chainstay protektor on your Courier retrowagen. 99% sure they only came in white

I'm looking for a 1990 Courier Mega... anyone....?

retrowagen1234":39ukycny said:
my latest find... its an 87 courior... all there except the rear wheel is no original... fitted a specialized rollx tyre on the back now as the one in the pic went bang in a big way rolling off the drive this morning lol

looking to restore/modify it realy so does anyone know of someone who could make decals? and how much? :cool: also did these only come in white?

stuff001.jpg

There was one that came in a white with purple fade on the front end it may have been a slightly later one though.

Carl

Back