Specialized Sworks FSR 95

polo66

Dirt Disciple
Hi, i've got this frame since one year, and now i'm decides to restore it!
Some pics:

m_107138945_0.jpg

m_107138971_0.jpg

m_6A44414B2773D06E0B2A0BBAE1C92FBE.jpg

m_107139066_0.jpg

The problem is that the Fox is broken. :(
And the second problem is: where can i find the original stickers??
If someone can help me....

Very nice project, very similar to my Stumpy FSR, which is waiting for the chainstays coming back from BETD after bush replacement.

Shame about the cracked FOX :( , they are quite hard to find second hand and from what i've gathered very hard to get spares for, Risse do new shocks but i have'nt checked the prices yet.

I have a BETD long travel conversion for the FSR, uses a FOX coil over shock and longer linkage plates, only trouble is it jacks the bike up too much (your frame looks the same size as mine), may be ok for a taller rider though.

Stickers should be fairly easy, contact member Gil-m on here, they wont be original stickers but he should be able to supply very good copys.

polo66":2xd48ld6 said:
Hi, i've got this frame since one year, and now i'm decides to restore it!

The problem is that the Fox is broken. :(
And the second problem is: where can i find the original stickers??
If someone can help me....

I had my Fox shock serviced about ten years ago by the UK Fox distributor, so they may still be able to help.

I think the problem is that when the bushes in the rear end wear, forces are put onto the shock which it wasn't really designed to cope with. And those bushes sure do wear quickly! I'm trying to find a way to re-engineer the back end to be in keeping with the original spirit of the design... which reminds me, I really should give BETD a ring as they've not responded to my email request for info...

Dr. Matt...

Why don't you search for a new Fox? The one Cannondale used for the mk 1 Scalpel. They have a relative short travel, and will perform better. You also could ride it with more sag, if the travel is to much.

To match the bike, you could ad some retro Fox decals.

grtz
Gène

Gène":33tiog1k said:
You also could ride it with more sag, if the travel is to much.

Too much travel? 60mm?? Hahahahaha... hahahahaha...

Don't get me wrong though, I love mine ;)

Dr. Matt...

Well, 60 mm isn't that much, I know. Looking at the picture gives me the idea that the original Fox has even less, but I can be mistaking.

It was more a suggestion since the original one was cracked. I think an original replacement shock will be hard to find, but then again maybe not...

Gène":oyknlzmu said:
Well, 60 mm isn't that much, I know. Looking at the picture gives me the idea that the original Fox has even less, but I can be mistaking.

It's 60mm of travel at the saddle, the shock stroke is much less.

I think any shock which fits a Scalpel will fit this, you need 140mm length. If you want something retro though, that could be hard to find. I'm lucky that mine still works, but then it's not been used much for the last nine years.

Back