retro bike spotted today.

A Mountain Goat "parked" on the ground at our local town party, the Fairfax Festival I never did figure out who the owner was.

DSCN2980.jpg

The world's most abused and neglected Cunningham. Believe it or not, the owner bought it new. Note the rear brake cable and roller-cam wedge wrapped around the handlebars.

cunningham01.jpg

cunningham02.jpg

Maybe he heard somewhere that 32-spoke wheels were lighter. This is one way to make the conversion.

cunningham03.jpg

Went down to the criterium races last night, and ran into a friend whose Ti Ibis is now his town bike. I'd say this specimen is a good candidate for BOTM.

ti_ibis.jpg

was in exeter a while back, and saw a blue Clockwork, with Halson's, then saw it later with a rather tasty female rider.

Re:

Here are a couple I've seen around Vienna recently.

Not too sure of the model but this XT equipped alloy bike has been here for over a year.

IMG_0678_zps37b7xges.jpg

Another 'Unknown' but fully personalized. It features Campagnolo cranks and U-brakes

FullSizeRender%204_zpsci0qxzby.jpg

FullSizeRender%208_zpskyf0vum4.jpg

Again, I don't know the frame but it's high quality with nice welding. Full XT with maguras plus very nice quality stem & post. Front hub suggests someone who cares, rack supports suggest someone who doesn't. I left a note to buy on this, heard nothing.

FullSizeRender%205_zpsnzai05ov.jpg

Very early Deore-Equipped Scott

FullSizeRender%202_zpsiav6dlmd.jpg

Re: Re:

agentorange":umrs786y said:
Here are a couple I've seen around Vienna recently.

Again, I don't know the frame but it's high quality with nice welding. Full XT with maguras plus very nice quality stem & post. Front hub suggests someone who cares, rack supports suggest someone who doesn't. I left a note to buy on this, heard nothing.

FullSizeRender%205_zpsnzai05ov.jpg

That's a Rocky Mountain Experience.

Back