What Cannondale was it?

adamgent

Kona Fan
Can any of you guys help me out.

Casting my mind back to the heady summers of 1997/8 which was probably the peak of my MTB fanaticism, two bike really stand out in my memory. Aside from my unhealthy Kona obsession, the Manitou HT and a Cannondale downhill bike that I just can't remember what it was called...

It was almost certainly 97/98 and I am pretty certain Missy Giove raced on it but it was fairly unique. It was never realesed commercially, only team issue / test bike.

It was red with two tiny yellow linkages (really short, about a couple of inches long at most). The rear was a straight swingarm.

I also recall it having some gearing inside the bottom bracket bacuase it had two small chainrings on either side of the BB.

Vague description I know but it is really bugging me!

Here's your chance guys...let see who can crack the mystery!

Closest I can get is this pic
baiano_propaganda.jpg

iirc the extra chainwheels where to route the chain to keep the pedal feedback to a minimum.

Cannondale Fulcrum, it had two bottom brackets to run a set of gears that allowed the chain to constantly pull through the pivot point. Might have an old catologue about somewhere.....

Well done!

That's impressive - 2 and a half hours!

Thanks chaps - I don't know why but it has been stuck in my head for a number of years and you know how frustrating it is when you just can't remember something!

Not quite retro but I new you could do it!

Here we go....
fulcrum29ps.jpg

The two lots of chainrings allow an effective chainring size from 20 to 80 teeth without effecting the suspension. The electronic gizmos were later removed on the later bikes. It basically allowed you to remap the damping for given courses. (shims are obviuosly to simple)
It was also called the Cannondale SuperV DHF.

Hope that covers it :twisted:

pah, I'm with you Jez.

Point, shoot, and have big balls to go fast. Easy. Even I could do it. :LOL:

Back