Area Groups Section- Suggestion box and requests

I'd like to start a North West area meets thread in the areas forum, but sadly you need to be a mod to open a thread in there!

Dr S":2ydlyphe said:
BarneyRubble":2ydlyphe said:
Are you adding more areas to the area groups? There seem to be quite a few of us "Wurzels" on the site ;)

I have dug out the original (and long winded) debate over in MTB chat. Reading back through it there is still much to be done, but I now think that 10 area groups should do the trick.

My proposal is

MacRetro
North East and Yorkshire
North West
East Midlands
West Midlands
North Wales
South Wales
Mid Shires
South West
South East

What do you think??

Keep the debate over on the other thread to keep this one on topic.

Cheers
Si

This is from the other thread, think the plan is for a NW thread.

Righty ho, a dedicated forum finally :D

The area groups thing does need a little more direction and thought but it's developing oranically and seems to be working well so let's go with it.

My suggestion is we stick with Dr S suggestion for the UK groups as starting point. Nothing is set in stone - groups can be merged or split as required. Let's just see how it works.

For Europe, the US and the rest of the World I/we are open to suggestions.

If you'd like a thread setup either for the UK or World drop me a PM and I'll get on it.

Is anyone going to do a coverage map? I haven't the foggiest were Anglian is :LOL:

kaiser":2ma20f3g said:
Is anyone going to do a coverage map? I haven't the foggiest were Anglian is :LOL:

its the lumpy bit three quarters of the way down on the right. Its where Alan Partridge lives.

Haharrr!

JohnH":2f11wkw3 said:
kaiser":2f11wkw3 said:
I haven't the foggiest were Anglian is :LOL:
Wasn't it Jade Goody who thought that East Anglia was a foreign country? :)

SO its the same as East Angular then :LOL:

Any takers from europe, the us or the rest of the world yet?

A uk map would be useful. not sure as the group split suggested gives 100% coverage.

I'd be in for a Westcountry/South West group. I ride fairly regularly in Bristol and on the Mendips and would be happy to get out on some retro rides. I'd be more motivated if it was all "organised" :)

Latest posts

Back