Glentress 9am & Innerleithen 11am ! September 12th Is G

Dr S":bg17vq8h said:
Looking good Jimi. Why not go for a drum on the front too- nice clean lines. I have a NOS Sturmey front hub and I think I have a spare pair of those big early Dia-Compe levers as fitted on my Schwinn. Rootbeer would look nice paintwise as would a shorter stem.

I think we have to coin a new sub genre for it- how about NeuKlunk or NeoKlunk ??

Will you have it ready for Inners?

Si

Thank's for the offer but decided the coaster on the rear will be bonkers enough :LOL: , going for at least a semi decent canti on the front, will be interested in the levers though, even though i'll only be using one.

Not sure at all what i'll be doing for inner, just realised today what i've spent on the car last month, also forked out quite a bit for a garden fence so funds are going to be tight this month.

Doubt the bomber will be done in time, may not have the funds to get the LTS built back up, chainstay on the FSR is still at BETD for repair and the shock is untested, Kaiser and i agreed that Glentress on Sunday is the last hammering the Manitou should take so it's now retired (from trail centres at least), that just leaves the E3 and that'll be torture on the fillings, back, wrists etc :roll:

May buy a cheap 250cc trail bike and bring that :LOL:

No point doing a poll, its obvious we're all over the place as regards availability.

So Scrub August, we've got too much on as it is, I reckon Inners in September.

Please state availability ?

But for those with the 9th August free what about some where else such as Drumlanrig or the tried and tested Glentress or Carron Valley or even descend on Gazz for his newly discovered trail by Kilmarnock.

Velo

Might be a good idea, August is pretty busy

i'm free in september..................

i'll bring the clubroost tho :D (or the kinesis if it's finnished) just someone remind me closer to the time cause i'm murder with times :LOL:

Big Eck, I should warn you we're doing the Innerleithen red grade XC route not the DH course, this is a common mistake.

Your DH goes down very well but how are you going to ride up ?

The uplift also goes to an entirely different part of the hill for the DH course than the XC course.

I'd bring the Zaskar if and when you get it finnished or even the Massif ;)

Velo

Grr, can't do September. We are having one of our N Yorks Moors Epics and then there is The Peaks Meet on the 26th (which I missed last year due to our house going under water).

Never easy is it Velo?

might I propose the 12th or 13th of Sept? Might as well set a date and work backwards from there

kaiser":2zfwe4m1 said:
might I propose the 12th or 13th of Sept? Might as well set a date and work backwards from there

I could shuffle the Moorland ride into August to accomodate the 12th I suppose.

OK its September 12th, no other choice will now be considered.
The ride start time though will be based on the person travelling the furthest which is probably Dr.S.

Ah well, I won't make this one either then - I'm committed to the great glen ride that weekend... there are a lot of sponsored events that weekend too.

I'm free in 2112 I think.

Back