identifying a peugeot frame...

tee-one

Senior Retro Guru
ive got a pug frame, its been on here before but cant find the thread.. anyway, its been on the backburner for a while as ive had to keep a couple of otherbikes uptogether, and make my daily reliable..... that said, ive had no luck finding out what model it is exactly... and all the campagnolo parts that are fitted have no dates.... hubs , crank, deralieur

the bike itself has been changed over the years, and is now painted black (original colour unknown) but it has two sticker types. sachs and peugeot... thats all.....

is there anyway to identify it? maybe by measurements?

Picture635.jpg

Picture636.jpg

Picture637.jpg

I think that is probably an Elite, or one of Puegeot's other nondescript internally brazed framesets. Plain guage Carbolite high tensile steel.
They ride nicely, but they're not special.

ahhh.. makes sence i suppose.. was looking at some of them before , is it just me or does my headtube look taller?

i hope its not special... prefer the underdog realy. allways have, less chance of it getting nicked and less chance of some old dude going .. oh i had one of those back in the day........................

nice simple rider is all im after. and im not likely to go doing the tour de france soo frameset perfection isnt realy needed... lol

Nice Campag tackle. Campag didn't really get into groupset marketing fluff until later so it is hard to identify.

I really like that, FWIW. French Puegeot frames were all beautifully thought out, they positively drip common sense. They're like a French version of Dawes.

Latest posts

Back