The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specialized Rockhopper

Could you guys please give me an idea of how much this 1993 Specialized Rockhopper is worth?

Re the 1993 Rockhopper say £70 to £110?

There is an awful lot of bargain kit passing through this site and the Rockhopper wasn't fitted with particularly good kit from new. I bought a 1996 Kona in the same condition / spec as yours for my brother-in law for £100 so the upper price is obtainable if the right buyer is bidding.

SP

£70 - £100 :cry: I was hoping for probably double that given the condition....Oh well may as well keep it then :D Or perhaps its worth a punt on Ebay

this is a bit backwards, since i'm considering an acquistion rather than a sale, but how much do AMP forks typically go fo?

'96 GT Zaskar, 14.5"

Any ideas on the value? Any help would be gratefully received!!

1996 GT Zaskar, 14.5", Ball-Burnished. Blue + Yellow Decals
1996 Rockshox Judy SLs
Spinergy Rev-X-Roks Wheels
1996 XTR Chainset, Mechs, Shifters, V-Brakes and possibly cassette (M952?)
Titec Flat Bars
RooX Ahead Stem, yellow.
USE Seatpost, yellow.
SDG (I think) saddle, black/yellow
XT SPDs

Condition is a solid 8 out of 10. Wheels are in almost perfect condition.

Thanks in advance!

Re: '96 GT Zaskar, 14.5"

Tulstar":1doa3rbg said:
Any ideas on the value? Any help would be gratefully received!!

1996 GT Zaskar, 14.5", Ball-Burnished. Blue + Yellow Decals
1996 Rockshox Judy SLs
Spinergy Rev-X-Roks Wheels
1996 XTR Chainset, Mechs, Shifters, V-Brakes and possibly cassette (M952?)
Titec Flat Bars
RooX Ahead Stem, yellow.
USE Seatpost, yellow.
SDG (I think) saddle, black/yellow
XT SPDs

Condition is a solid 8 out of 10. Wheels are in almost perfect condition.

Thanks in advance!

To be honest this thread is useless, I know its forum rules and we all abide by them but you have to be very lucky to actually get some one posting a response over some items. Especially some of the more common items to pop up.

Best advice will be to skim through a few recent pages and check other quotes for zaskars, make an allowance based on condition (and in your case size...small zaskars are pretty popular for old school trials etc.) (I would have thought £70-130 for the frame(for its size depending on condition)

Componant wise, again all stuff that will have been quoted here before.

Oh yes, complete bikes will usually make more sold as parts, so if you want to maximise the money, get the allen keys and spanners warmed up.

It may be easier to use the search function restricted to the forsale section and see what other people have advertised for.

Sorry I am not much help but im not up to date on the particular bits you have.

Interesting to find that there's a question about '93 Rockhopper for I have a question about a vintage Rockhopper as well.

My work buddy has an all-original 1992 Rockhopper Comp which was the top-model of the Rockhopper series (bright orange paintjob).
It has Deore LX components with DX thumbies and brake levers. Basically all the other stuff is Specialized branded.

He's interested in getting a new fitness/hydrid bike and would like to sell his old steed.

I've said that usually the best price can be achieved by breaking the bike up and by selling it part-by-part. However, since it's 100% original and in a quite good condition as well, I thought that would it be better to sell it as a whole? I know it would be much more desirable if the downtube said 'Stumpjumper' instead of 'Rockhopper Comp'...

Hi guys,

How much would NOS (as in never used, still in box) M900 XTR 32 hole front and rear hub incl qr be worth?

How much would NOS boxed M900 shifter/brake lever be worth?

Thanks!

erkan":30bh8vuh said:
How much would NOS (as in never used, still in box) M900 XTR 32 hole front and rear hub incl qr be worth?

I sold a similar set here last year for 80 euros including shipping.

erkan":30bh8vuh said:
How much would NOS boxed M900 shifter/brake lever be worth?

I'd say somewhere between 80-150 euros...

Archangel":9x1bxbit said:
I've said that usually the best price can be achieved by breaking the bike up and by selling it part-by-part. However, since it's 100% original and in a quite good condition as well, I thought that would it be better to sell it as a whole?

Good question. I wonder how much just the frame would go for from the Rockhopper I pictured earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back