1995? Fat Chance Yo Eddy

serial number

Fattyboombatty":1u31yavo said:
Killer bike! I love team saphire fade! I have 2 Yo's myself. What is the serial number? The year is very easy to tell from the serial. Usually the last number is the year is was made.

The serial is YO ML 351. Unfortunately this doesn't indicate the year, because I know it is not a '91. Defiant pointed out that it probably is a '96, but looking at the serial number data base on mombat, it could be a '95 as well.

Lovely colour on the frame. I'll be very interested in the brakes if you decide to sell them, canti's would look nicer!

Re: serial number

David Gibson":d6l4zpjo said:
Fattyboombatty":d6l4zpjo said:
Killer bike! I love team saphire fade! I have 2 Yo's myself. What is the serial number? The year is very easy to tell from the serial. Usually the last number is the year is was made.

The serial is YO ML 351. Unfortunately this doesn't indicate the year, because I know it is not a '91. Defiant pointed out that it probably is a '96, but looking at the serial number data base on mombat, it could be a '95 as well.

now i look at it better,..i would say more 95 then 96,..

purplewicked":2ycfrboy said:
what does the decal at the base of the seat tube says? massachussets or new york?
swap the seat post. it does not do the bike justice. the stem seems like a 150mm. too long indeed.
it's a medium large yo.

decals can be wrong, wouldn't go by that.

The Salsa stem, though long, is nice.
Did you get this one off ebay?

yo

I bought the bike off of Fat Cogs, and paid too much for it. But there are so few M/L sizes that I felt I had to get it while I could.

I'd say that's a 96.. The paint scheme is very similar to the early IF Deluxes stock colour.. :?:

Re: yo

David Gibson":3u2cfjpx said:
I bought the bike off of Fat Cogs, and paid too much for it. But there are so few M/L sizes that I felt I had to get it while I could.

There's nothing wrong with paying a bit too much for old steel, so long as you are keeping it. Reselling it is where it would hurt a bit. I love Fats, and hope their value keeps going up ;)

Back