GT Owners Meet - Date/Location please

stoner":25jpas9a said:
Another question what if someone is intrested in this ride but does not own a GT or can't buy, borrow, steal one before the planned meet can he or she use another make of bike???

Be just like a normal retro meet when you get riders turning up on modern machines...

Just thought i'll ask. Seems a shame to disclude other retro riders just because they don't own a GT...

Ok question asked getting ready for the backlash... :oops:

Don't take this the wrong way, but that's a bit like turning up to an MG owners club run in an Nissan or on a Honda Blackbird!!! Totally defeats the whole point of the meet!!! Go buy/borrow a GT, they are not expensive.

I understand what your saying Ranger...

But why not say ok this is a Retro GT meet if you have one then ride it, if not come out and have a ride anyway... More GT's the merryer but lets just have fun, you just won't have your picture taken for the aftermath post. :D

Like i said before you get riders turning up at other Retrobike meets but you don't turn around and say "Sorry chap you can't ride that" just because it's a modern/new machine...

Just seems a little more politically correct to me. At the end of the day it's just about riding and having fun.

:D :D :D

July / Aug is good.

Anywhere within 2 (maybe3?) hours of North London. The earlier suggestion of Wales was a good one.

Anywhere apart from the Chilerns. :roll:

You got to giggle havent you ... The humble old GT owner who takes day in day out butt of all the jokes and abuse the world of Retrobike throws at it.... We fellow band of GT brothers decide to throw a ride to gather are hidious collections of ghastly triple triangle heaps ......

And we are accused of being politically incorrect!!! ha.ha :LOL: :LOL:

I have a GT and i love riding her... ;)

All i'm trying to say is if you own a GT ride it, just feel a little guilty discluding other riders just because of a name on a down tube.

Lets have a GT Retro meet for GT owners i'm all up for that, but don't leave out other riders, let them tag along there are lots of people who like GT bikes but right now can't aford to buy & build another bike but then again there will be others that will get on the Bay and buy one just for this meet.

Yes GT riders do get a little abuse from time to time lets not fall to their level, Daj...

And i did'nt accuse anyone of being politically incorrect i said it would seem a little more politically correct...

Stoner your really looking into this too much, This is Retrobike its goes without saying if someone wanted to come along for a ride they are welcome no matter what there steed :cool:

.... But anything other than a GT will be burned at the stake!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Assuming I can get the LTS built up quickly enough when I get back from holiday, I'd favour Sherwood Pines, but could probably make Cannock too. That's assuming that 1998 counts as retro enough?!

how about "GT appreciation meet" so even if you don't have one, as long as you say you like them, that's good enough :LOL:

Back