The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much is it worth..

i've just signed up to retro and have the following query...its been 12 years since i sold my rc200 (i've regreted that ever since - but thats a different story) and i've just bought a rc300(last weekend)...when i 've been raiding the loft for old tyres etc i have come across my first full suspension frame (must be 15 years old) its a bright red monocoque frame & polished aluminium swingarm rear suspension SBIKE , has anyone else seen or ridden one of these ? i'll be posting pictures later

Re: how much is it worth..

jpc1971":2d3obtpa said:
i've just signed up to retro and have the following query...its been 12 years since i sold my rc200 (i've regreted that ever since - but thats a different story) and i've just bought a rc300(last weekend)...when i 've been raiding the loft for old tyres etc i have come across my first full suspension frame (must be 15 years old) its a bright red monocoque frame & polished aluminium swingarm rear suspension SBIKE , has anyone else seen or ridden one of these ? i'll be posting pictures later

This is for valuations of a bike/parts of post in the readers bikes section with your photos and get it built up.

SBIKE 909 DH ?

similar to this one ?
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ight=sbike

SBIKE

good job with the link !! the front section of the frame is identical - my swingarm and shock section are different though. my suspension is spring only (no oil/gas shock for rebound) the springs are inside an aluminium housing and not visible - and is adjustable by what i can only describe as looking like the top of an old fashioned bath tap !!

the rear swingarm is also box section aluminium and not curved as the link shows - The frame number is 08064 -

SBIKE

here is a photo of the frame - this is straight out of the loft! no bollockings for the condition of the cro-mo tioga revolver crankset please !!

Attachments

• retro sbike.jpg
    retro sbike.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,628
  • sbike rear susp.jpg
    sbike rear susp.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,628
Any ideas on the value of this? 2000 Stumpjumper. 17". Tidy, chain slap and cable rub but not over bad. I was guessing about £150 but any other ideas?

DSC_1673.jpg

MY torus
:shock:
:cry:
:roll:
OK
just a mad thought i had today,wondered if i was to sell ,what would it be worth,YES ,i know its worth more split but im not into splitting cos you're always left with loads of hassle/postage/headaches and spare parts nobody wants.
So here is my dream bike, possibly up for sale :(:
18" torus ti
Chris king nothreadset
Chris king/bontrager racelite wheelset
Bontrager super X tyres
Bontrager racelite skewers
RC-30 420mm 1 1/8" new crown + steerer
XT m739 V brakes. front and rear
XT m739 8 speed STI rapidfire/levers
XT m739 cranks [with 93/54mm adaptor included]
XT m739 front mech
XT m739 rear mech
Kore flat bars
Kore stem
Kore seatpost
Kore flat pedals
San Marco 'rolls' saddle
-----------------------------------------
More or less a 1998 period build :D

Any ideas?

Hulloooooooooooooooooo
Anybody there?????????????????????
:LOL:

Pace RC-30 new crown and steerer and race shim

Steerer being brand new and has 295mm showing above the crown :shock:
crown being NOS

Kona Explosif 1994

I've got a 1994 Explosif frame with Project 2's that I am thinking about selling.

I caught a bad case of girlfriend that developed into full blown wife'n'kids in early 1995, so it hasn't been used heavily and aside from a few scratches and general ageing is undamaged.

Can't decide whether to sell it and invest some cash in a new road bike, so I can start doing biathlons, or to finally buy some new parts that the frame deserves.

Any idea what the frame and fork are worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back