Grifter and Bomber

retrowagen1234":2vwuqebi said:
damn that bomber is nice!!!! wanna swap the tyres for a brand new blue set?? :LOL:

I wanted a whole blue bomber originally, the black and chrome has really grown on me though!

beepbeep":38ihdcs9 said:
Surely the Grifter is missing an essential accessory: the ripped piece of cardboard selotaped on the seat-stays for that badass moto sound... :cool:

I did that :oops: :oops: It was 1978 though, am I forgiven? :LOL: :LOL:

W-O-W this is a trip down memory lane for me, thanks so much for posting....the Bomber is just an old time Klunker really isn't it.....

I hadn't thought about it before, nor have I seen one since about 1980 :shock:

Nice one dude ;)

The bomber is actually a really nice riding position, the wide bars and lean back sprung seat make it ideal for cruising :cool:

ha!!!! wicked to see the xl again.....made me laugh out loud!!!!.....santa bought me one of them and i still have the wart of skin on the inside edge of each thumb knuckle to prove it!!!.....i remember the square shouldered tyres being THE most efficient tyre at holding tan dog poo and only releasing it above 15mph at my grinning face.......way cool!!

feetabix":2b3h7xx0 said:
hi remember the square shouldered tyres being THE most efficient tyre at holding tan dog poo and only releasing it above 15mph at my grinning face.......way cool!!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry to reanimate an old thread but would anyone know what size seatpost the Bomber takes? I have an old frame I want to restore - and it looks like it's probably a 25.2 post needed, but I'm not sure...

wow....
i love both the grifter and the bomber... off the cool wall and in to the fridge !! :cool:
I love this site for bikes like these.. nice to see such clean examples.
I have recently been looking at getting a retro raleigh... im after a raleigh burner at the minute. :LOL: :cool:

restoring an old thread

if your into bombers/grifters please sign up

theraleighbomber dot proboards dot com

hope this is ok with mods if not please delete

cheers :)

Back