Muddy Fox Courier Prestige

Rollermania, how cool was that place....mecca to me when I was 13/14 :D

Love to see a MFX catalogue from '90 as well

wee update on this one, after a few headscratches singlespeeding wasn't going to be ideal. I needed front sus and nothing was going right or looking too good so I was going to sell to finance another singlespeed project that would be more suspension geometerised :roll: a quick change of heart seen it back in the cupboard. Still not 100% sure what I'm gonna do and its near the back of the q but possibly a suntour build might be more suitable. Cannot find a jot of detail about the original spec but reckon early suntour will suit. :D

any thoughts?

well its now finished and after twice around the block its built pretty much as I originally posted, shakedown ride tomorrow but some new pics in the first post :D

Cheers folks :D gave it a burl round Drumlanrig this morning and was very happy. Steerings quick and you really need to get off the back to clear the front wheel but pleased with the ride. Singlespeed and rigid adds another dimension to the trails and I quite enjoyed it.
The seatpost is a bit problematic, its allowing the saddle to move on its rails and isn't a perfect fit in the seattube though this could be the cheap seatbolt I have. But all in all I'm liking it, the look and the ride, few wee upgrades and it should be perfect. The paint is a bit shabby in bits which is throwing up a few thoughts about refinishing and loosing the nice paint or trying to preserve whats there but that'll be a winter headscratcher.

pistol13":13lfv0t9 said:
These bikes came with suntour xce kit. The cranks been unusual in that the ring are mounted from the rear leaving a flush spider like mavic star road stuff. Also worth noting is that the whole group been labeled xce but the cranks are made by sakae the brakes by diacompe leaving only the mechs(rear mech xcsport) and x-press shifters made by suntour. hubs are sansin(suntour) with araya rx7 rims. I always find it crazy with so many brand names been produced by the same company if you know what i mean! Would love to see a catologue pic

pistol I missed this first time round for some reason :oops: that sounds the very cherry, I've got XT on at the moment and want it for another build so gradually replacing the cranks and brakes with suntour/sakae is probably the way forward. Fancy trying some 180's as the XT cranks are 170 at the moemnt and maybe not ideal for SS.

What size post is it? My 1991 MF is 29.6 different bike i realise. just curious.

Re cranks I thought you were to avoid long cranks on SS for all the revolutions? or ya looking mostly and hill crunching torquez?

reanimation":3ekvlg2g said:
What size post is it? My 1991 MF is 29.6 different bike i realise. just curious.

Re cranks I thought you were to avoid long cranks on SS for all the revolutions? or ya looking mostly and hill crunching torquez?

Hi reanimation, just picked this up :oops: seatpost was 26.4 and I guess crank size is personnal preference(?) My thinking was the 180's would help with a bit of extra torque when needed. Ther were times when a good stomp wasn't enough to clear a particular rooty section or obsatcle.

Back