1988 Muddy Fox Courier 'laid back luke'

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Relaaaaaaaaax its only my Courier slacking off.

Slum dog parts bin build, will replace with Mountain LX later but having fun with Alivio.

Attachments

• lade back luke.jpg
    lade back luke.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 1,857
  • laid back luke.jpg
    laid back luke.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,857
Splatter Paint":36xgdglh said:
A u-brake on the chainstay, superb. What is the thinking behind that, any ideas?

Pretty common for the era. Bigger diameter tubeset than the seatstays, i.e. "less" prone to flex ;)

That's a nice looking bike Big Cheese!

Stunning :cool: a very nice example which looks in great nic too, I can never tire of these early beasts :cool:

Can you put a picture in the early muddy fox lovers page pretty please ;) I would cut and paste the link but my blinking iPhone won't do

Cheers

tis a beautiful frame indeed, but shoot that saddle :LOL:

chris what height are you? you have some lovely frames but there always too big or to wee

It's a 16"; as usual with all the bikes I find, I bought it because I thought it looked cool, not because of some boring reason like it would fit. :oops:
I am 5'10", but I have freakishly short 28" legs, so none of my trousers look good and I ride frames between 17"-21", depending on how old they are.
Pretty unique, though; never seen another 1980s Muddy Fox in such a small size. They predate compact geometry; their advice in the original advert for that bike (look in reader's bikes) was to pick a size 1" smaller than a correct touring bike measurement.

Its the biggest 16 I've ever ridden (ooer)

Very high BB, almost elevated feel, I fit, yet the Kuwahawa is too small with a slightly bigger frame...

Back