East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Oh dear..you lot are lost without me...literally :LOL:

Too ill to cycle, feeling miserable...I hate not being able to ride...

How did you do at the weekend Perry?

perry":1bu3e0zz said:
what were you riding ?

erm... ashamed to admit it - I've bought a 2001 Klein Adept Comp full suspension. It was going cheap on Ebay. It's actually quite good for a nearly modern full suss :oops: Weighs around 28lbs. I still don't really like FS though - I feel I'm wasting so much energy wallowing and bobbing. It definitely slowed me down.

Here it is. Planning on changing wheelset to lighter ones and getting rid of front disk. Replace brakes with XTR V's. Should get it down to 26lbs or so.

PS that's a Darwin fish not a christian fish on the car, in case you were wondering!

Attachments

• SP_A0622 (Large).jpg
    SP_A0622 (Large).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 655
Ed your legs aren't that long, surely :shock:

Looks like its Thursday evening for me, weather's set fair. I'd better take the map with me.

according to the the aa routeplanner cannock is the same time as the pines for me ( further distance an easier drive ) but i wont be racing as i havnt been there before

ed is that a c2 caliper i spy ? is it a pro lever ? could do with one for the mrs bike . i have a mono mini number 5 and a mini number 5 but im lacking a lever . id consider the brake complete just means id have a spare c2 . also is the disc 185mm ? could do with one of those too :LOL:

matt check the ssuk aftermath thread and the macretro one

If you want to lighten it the forks are a good place to start. Those Bombers weigh a ton, second hand Rebas might be a good option....

As for slowing you down, I think generally a hardtail is quicker round the Pines than a full suss but I find the kitchener trail, with it's badly made undulations, really hurts my back on a hardtail and that slows me down a little...

It looks fantastic though :cool:

Back