decal collection

I busted my hump trying to come up with decals for my Yeti restore and only stopped searching when the folks at Spectrum told me they knew exactly what I wanted and that they could accomplish it with airbrush. It's an expensive process, and is worth it for the main "YETI" on the downtubes, but hell if I'm going to fork over the cost of having "Yeti active suspension" airbrushed down the the swing arm.

A decal collection, templates even, would be sweet. Even better would be for people who can make these things, and are willing to take requests for whatever they consider reasonable compensation, to advertise their services around here.

SLIM":3omlbuu3 said:
good idea , how though ?

i have some decals , that chris needs copies of , but have the applicator paper , and short of destroying them to replicate ttem ????

Using a good scanner these days you can scan them with the applicator still in place and touch up the artwork (reverse, changes colours to suit etc) in a drawing/artwork.

An artwork database is a great idea, even if it's only photos of original art, as a minimum it saves you asking what may be a common question.

This also reminds me that I was going to send Gil some 90s Kona artwork...

well guys, me and stick legs have had a conversation this evening and have started the decals + stickers section in the Magazine & Catalogue Scans , theres a start , feel free to add anything you wish as a resource for all.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7902

Also i am working on some artwork for DYNA-TECH frames so i can get then reproduced at will once i have the artwork.

let me know if anyone is interested.

Back