Manitou EFC Fork w/ Thru Hub Dropouts ???

BikePimp

Retro Guru
Bought a frame with extra parts and this was on it as a freebie. The hub has a broken flange. I couldn't find much on the web about this Manitou EFC with the thru-hub version, most were quick release ones.

Anybody else have one of these? Fairly rare?

Attachments

• Side2.jpg
    Side2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,108
  • Side1.jpg
    Side1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,108
  • ThruHub.jpg
    ThruHub.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,108
  • EFC.jpg
    EFC.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 2,108
These were the DH version of the EFC from back in the day, used by Jurgen Benecke (spelling) and others while riding for Manitou.

They were on sale to the general public but were more expensive with the thru axle option and as that was new technology back then they weren't seen to much.

If you'd like to sell them please let me know as I always wanted some for my Sunn back in the day.

I'd talk nicely to nick/elite about a replacement hub. you've got the original bearings & axle which is a big help.

yeah, thas not a ringlé hub. .. In fact not sure what they used. . . At this stage, Ringle were 'consulting' to answer quite a lot (on the likes of howto get purple anodising to come out right. . ), but there was no formal tie up. That was busy happening with Rockshox, getting the DHO thruaxle front end sewn up. .
If you getrealy realy stuck, and can devate fom original, I can probably machine a DHO hub in, or evena classic bubba, but we'd be talking prper money. Exhaust your other options first ;)

if those bearings are a standard size, you could run that axle in any hub that takes those bearings?

cce":2af06aak said:
if those bearings are a standard size, you could run that axle in any hub that takes those bearings?

I'll look into that, I didn't even think about that, good idea...

cce":ow9tev6y said:
You'll just need spacers each side. The dropout spacing is longer than standard, so you'll have to go the route of pulling the bearings and swapping the axles, and then making up the difference with a spacer each side. ;)

Back