1994/5 Orange C16r STXrc.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here is my recent local ebay win. It's in stunning original condition with very few marks/chips of any kind. The only none original bits are the rear wheel and tyre (although the original wheel was chucked in as well). Even the bar ends were on when it left the shop. :cool:

The chap who sold me it had had it from new. He got it from Stif (Leeds) in Nov '94 and they told him it will have been one of the first ever C16's off the production line. He knew the C16 was replacing the Clockwork in 1995 and had been pestering them for the first one they got in. I've even got the original order form, receipt, and manuals. ;)

I was not sure I'd like the colour (special order only at the time) as there's only so much purple I can handle these days after a purple overload around '93 but the pics just don't do it justice (and no, the Hot Rods are not pink :oops: ). The purple sits really well with the bright lumo orange decals and it grows on me more and more each day. :D

Not sure exactly what I'm going to do to it yet. I'll have to get matching wheels and an amber wall tyre to match the front but will probably just get out and ride it after that. I've got some RC35's just in but think they'll go on another project as it seems a shame to part the frame and F7's. At most I might go for a flite and thumbies but that's about it.

Pics were taken after I picked it up so I'll be giving it the once over with de-greaser and polish. Also need to adjust various bits and have a general tinker so will post some more up when it's fully cleaned up.

Hope you like it! :D :D :D

Pictures don't do the condition justice cherry, it could be passed off as a year old easy. Chap who had it before me obviously rode it quite a lot BITD because he's gone through the original rear rim and the saddle is worn. Must just have been uber careful and kept it well maintained. :)

saw that on the 'bay. Was very tempted! I love the colour and the matching forks, looks like a great bike

Orange

Is it a 17 then? looks like it? what's the rear tyre? I would just gradually up grade gear, but keep the colours subtle, no ano overload. U just can't beat the ride of an Orange hardtail!

Thanks for the comments. Had my first play on it last night and had forgotten how lively retro Oranges are! :shock: ;) Also didn't realise how much of the art of riding a modern full suss bike dulls as it flattens everything in it's way. :oops:

It's a 19" CBB to top of seat tube, 17.5" C to C (as it was listed). The rear tyre is a Bontrager Jones AC but it will be replaced by an amber walled Smoke that will be here this week. :)

I really like the finish of the STXrc gear (smoked?) that goes through the bike right down to the quick release's and hubs so am going to keep the groupo stock. In fact, all I'm going to change are the wheels I think and save the retro XT, Syncros, etc for another Orange project. :roll: :D

Nice, very nice. Whereabouts in Skipton are you? I'm only in Keighley and don't really know the area yet - be nice to hook up and then I can try and sell you my P7 for loadsa money...

I'm in Draughton at the moment mate, backing on to loads of great trails! My house is in the centre of Skipton but it'll be a month or two before I get in it. Me and some of my local pals get out quite often on our modern bikes and you're more then welcome to join us. :D

Sounds good, I'm a bit busy until mid June but may well drop you a line. Shh, don't tell anyone, but I heard modern bikes are the way forward...

Back