This is getting irritating....

Xesh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just got my Atom powered (not nuclear) PC up and running for web browsing, etc. All works fine. Running XP with SP3 and the latest version of Firefox. Copied all the settings for Firefox from my main PC but now something weird is happening.

Every time I visit this forum I have to sign in, even when I tick the "Sign me in automatically each visit" box. On top of that the little orange icons that show new posts don't go grey when I've read the post. It makes it hard to keep track of what I've already read due to the number of posts every day. Also when I click the "mark all posts read" link on the forum index page it goes through the motions but doesn't clear the markers until I close Firefox and then restart.

I've checked everything that I can think of: I've set Firefox to keep the cookies for this site so they aren't deleted. I've even deleted the cookie just to make sure that it wasn't a corrupt cookie but it didn't make any difference.

Anyone on here able to suggest anything that might sort this out?

I know it's only a small thing but it's irritating the hell out of me. :evil:

Edit: It's even marking my own posts as unread! :evil: :evil:

I have to agree with you, things like this are very very irritating... i don't have a solution though sorry :(

have you set your browser to delete the cookies when you close it?
Security settings can be set to remember or discard

Could be something simple like that :?

Nope, none of the above.

I've fixed it now but thanks for the suggestions.

It turned out that it was a corruption that happened when Firefox installed the 3.0.10 update. I uninstalled Firefox completely and then re-installed, using the 3.0.10 full version, after re-starting the PC.

Everything works fine now. :)

Back