East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

if commercial you have to go I'll happily have Scrumpy Jack - nice and dry with a tang to it.

Ed, collecting new wheel tomorrow (mavic 717) so I'll return yours on Thursday. Intending to do the extended Ticknall loop in the morning so will report back.

perry":8yopd2zz said:
i think ive gotten rid of most of the stain with some foam stain remover i found under the sink

i remember at some point we were talking about preferred drinks . ive been drinking a lot of this recently . had a couple bottles at a bbq not long ago before finding out it costs £3.60 and not the usual cheapness id expect from cider . its realllly realllly nice . like snakebite and black without the hint of lager

00008-1.jpg

Top tip mate! (I run a bar so i know) Pint glass, Strongbow cider add in some cranberry juice and a dash of lemonade! (add in some vodka if your a headcase!). Kicks the arse out of Jacques! FACT! You heard it here 1st

Orange71 wrote
enjoy your ride

I certainly did. Absolutely perfect conditions. The additional sections adds 5 miles (30 minutes). I'll scan it in as before and email it to you. Basically you drop down from Ticknall to the Trent valley and then climb back up. This gets you nicely warmed up for the long singletrack.
No need to clean the bike :D apart from removing the blood :shock:

strongbow makes me wretch , or at least it did years ago . does the cranberry juice and lemonade hide enough of the taste ?

just got in from a ride , 17mph wind has been pissing me off all week and its been a slack week at that :LOL:

as i started along the 4 or so miles of road i had to turn onto after a climb i saw a bike in the distance and im pretty happy with myself that he couldnt catch me :D

once on the dirt after a few miles or so i have to cross over a road , very quiet almost never a car on it saw some roadies in what seemed to be a race , very casual race if it was , more like a gentle ride but with race numbers :?

second time around i ended up in the middle of them for about 30feet :LOL:

sick of the wind and flys though :x . actually thats a pretty descriptive emoticon what with all the fookers in my eyes and throat

:LOL:

yes the wind's getting on my nerves too. and it's so fecking cold. it's been cold since last september... :evil:

orange71":2whj7tfk said:
:LOL:

yes the wind's getting on my nerves too. and it's so fecking cold. it's been cold since last september... :evil:

Not today though boys, no wind, it's warm and balmy...just millions of bloody flies and nettles the size of triffids.

Ahh, the joys of proper 'cross country' riding :)

yeah I noticed that at Foremark reservoir today with the kids. Hoping to get out on bike later or tomorrow.

Back