Low End Specialized Build With a Q.

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
There's plenty of exotica within these hallowed pages, so here's a change!  I have been looking for a bike for my brother's wife to use.  She is somewhat vertically challenged so nothing I have was suitable.  A skip rescued Focus was just way too high at the front.  I got this frame off Orange Ed when a rare work day took me to Derby.  This was always going to be a budget build.  She is not a serious cyclist but anything has to be better than the 50lb 'bike' she has now complete with steel rims and pressed sidepull brakes!It was a bike that just didn't want to be built!  The Focus has a 9 speed rapid rise setup with combined lever/shifter units.  I have spare 8 speed shifters and canti brake levers  All of which is incompatible!  I was going to put the V brakes from the Focus on it but couldn't get it to work with the rear cabe guide.  Up the loft to raid the emergency box.  I found a full set of DX brakes and levers and an old DX left thumbshifter.So, it has canti rear brakes and friction thumbshifter, (I run this same shifter on my Bontrager to avoid rubbing gears) and 9 speed shifter and V brakes at the front.  Rear shifting is via an XT mech left over from converting the Bontrager to XTR.  Front has to be Tourney as that's what was around in BP flavour.  Thanks to Caramba Kid for the chainset!So here's my question.  What size seatpost does it take and has anyone got a cheap on going spare?

Attachments

• bike 004 (600 x 445).jpg
    bike 004 (600 x 445).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 742
  • bike 003 (445 x 600).jpg
    bike 003 (445 x 600).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 742
  • bike 002 (445 x 600).jpg
    bike 002 (445 x 600).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 742
  • bike 001 (600 x 445).jpg
    bike 001 (600 x 445).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 742
Nice, quite like bikes which are made of of old parts/scrounged etc. sometimes they can turn out well and you don't mind getting them out of the garage!

I am working on something similar at the moment for a friend , its amazing what you have lying around :) like it.. :)

Seatpost size I think will be a 26.6 ? but not 100%

Latest posts

Back