XTR M970 Tools

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Erm, does anyone have the special tools need to remove Shimano XTR M970 cranks...oh, and can I borrow them?
Cheers
Carl
(I can see you smirking Pete ;) :LOL: )

Wouldn't it be better & cheeper to buy? I have the tools. But I'm in London. So postage would be a lot. Plus if you brought them then you would always have (for next time)

tintin40":2j4y6fow said:
Wouldn't it be better & cheeper to buy? I have the tools. But I'm in London. So postage would be a lot. Plus if you brought them then you would always have (for next time)

Thought the tools were quite expensive, and I just want to remove the cranks to sell them.....guess a trip to my LBS is the best bet.
Cheers
Carl

Sell them with the cranks. As I've noticed the shops keep the tools when they sell the cranks :twisted: hence why i had to buy. :evil:

tintin40":38o4kacl said:
Sell them with the cranks. As I've noticed the shops keep the tools when they sell the cranks :twisted: hence why i had to buy. :evil:

Thats a good point :idea: why didn't I think of that. :LOL:

Just ordered the TL-FC35 off CRC...as far as I can see that's the only 'special' tool needed for removal....I have an X-Type bearing spanner already.

They only come with the cranks when you buy them OTC. Bike manufacturers seldom supply them together with the bikes (though there are notable exceptions).

Christ what a rip off......£25+ for a tool that is not far evolved from a self-extracting crank bolt. :roll:
What a waste of money....but I have one now if anyone wants to borrow it...just pay the postage, wouldn't amount to much.
Ta
Carl

Back