clockwork orange

Whooo there pony... I'm at work, you'll have to wait till tonight, also its no where near finished. Its just block orange and white.. no fade as of yet! I'll sort a few taster pics out though so you can get a feel for the effect. ;)

Here you go... It is a lot darker in real life, but in the right way. I still need to do a lot of work on it, it needs fading and the lacquer to make it shine, but hopefully you get the idea. :D

Attachments

• cw1.jpg
    cw1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4,324
  • cw2.jpg
    cw2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4,324
I quite like that- dyno rod is spot on.

I might have to be a tad less orange as the idea is, that it matches my paint job, father and son trundling down the lane in matching Mt bikes- straight off the front cover of "Perfect Dad" a new magazine for insufferably smug parents.

Keep us posted of your progress, JimiHendrix did a great job on his clockwork if you need any pointers (by the look of the work so far I suspect not). :cool:

That Plasticote orange looks great, only thing is i dont know how hard a fade would be to achieve (SP ?, ungodly hour :LOL: ), the spray on rattle cans vairies, some are quite splattery when going on/off with the spray, fine for spraying a solid colour which is what the can is intended for, i've found the Plasticote can to have quite a course mist, the Halfords cans have a nice fine mist and a decent pressure, i found it easier to fade a darker colour onto light than vice versa though.

I really should invest in a small spray gun :roll:

Plasticote is acrylic though so should be tougher than car paint but then you can use acrylic laquer on top of car paint.

Clockwork look's great BTW Gazz ;)

You would be surprised, it is very easy to fade in. You get a really fine mist with the flouro orange plasticote. To be honest though, if Gaz wants the mini clockwork to match his, he doesn't want to use this, it is far brighter and more red the the orange on his clockwork.

bump cause I made her look pretty and she's worth it ;) - see before/after pictures at the start of the thread. Just need some tires.

now more pretty if such a thing is poss. :LOL:

orangeaug2009.jpg

Back