great toolkit from lidl £24.99

Just bear in mind that this kit is made of industry standard 'jelly metal' and will last about five bikes if that.

My LBS is grumpy unhelpful and only sees £ signs.

Supermarkets sell cheap low end crap.

Halfords sells cheap low end crap as mid range

Very little is done to educate people on the benefits of cycling and simple maintenance - even the cycles schemes have been suspended whilst the credit crunch excuse is still valid.

i could do with some tools, might go an have a look in store and see if its any good.

although to be fair, i dont really have much of a need for them as fixing a puncture is about my limit :(

Rubbish, disposable crap.
If you are interested in getting cycling tools, get quality ones and don't lose them. They don't have to be specifically cycling tools, as long as they are quality. Lidl will not sell these, they'd cost too much money for people like us to buy on impulse.
I once tried to remove a siezed in cartridge BB with a toy remover that was made of cheese. Completely noodled it, and had to go to the shop. So it cost me the price of removing the BB in the shop, plus about a fiver for this "tool" which I eventually had to throw away, plus skinned knuckles where I punched the floor trying to loosen it and a frustrating afternoon I could have spent riding. And the shop didn't charge me a penny.

Anyone know what the cycle shoes are like. I need some and their price seems good.

Last pair, well only pair, I have had since new form BitD. Even after glueing the soles back on many times, I had to throw them :( where Shimano M200 :oops:

After that rant, I should tell you I do have a Lidl cycling jacket. :oops:
It's alright for touring, very waterproof but not very breathable. No good for riding with any effort, but about 1/10 of the price of my Goretex jacket, so it can be forgiven.

:LOL: :LOL: are people not getting their end away or summat. Buy it break it and replace by attrition, you'll find out what you need and what you don't.

Back