Craigslist

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Anyone had any expereince of buying through this? I'm struggling to contact the seller (for a Klein highlighted by Ameybrook)

I've had some luck. It depends on the seller, sometimes they're real nice and send a ton of emails/pics/info, etc. But sometimes they're a pain in the ass and dont want to bother unless you're going to come by and look at the stuff.

Often times, if they've already gotten decent offers, they wont even answer your emails.

Good luck with that Klein, it looked like a bargain.

firstly if you have a UK email address then thats pretty much a non starter as they assume shipping will be required & may never even bother to return your mail.
I've bought a few things, but its on an even more trust related basis than feEbay as they can dissapear with no feEbay rating to flame & complain too!. ideally get a US friend to inspect & collect.

my experience too. often they don't want to ship. local pickup and cash only. but i've bought some parts and bikes on craigslist without problems. communication (if they reply at all) is key and better on the phone than through email. if they don't want to ship suggest that they take it to a dealer they know and trust and let them do the boxing and shipping. often not even much more expensive if the dealers passes his lower shipping rates on to you. but chances of international shipping are really very low.
and as always, some deals are just too good to be true...

Carsten

i tried to buy 2 titan titanium frames a few months back that were going for a song.
no reply to my numerous e-mails though :cry:

Back