rat bikes

:LOL:

if i scuff up my toaster can i call that rat ? or how about the washing line in the garden left up for over a year , does the authentic rust make it a rat washing line ?

Perry, I think that a self proclaimed 'singlespeeder' who is a regular on 'retro'bike is probably the last person who should be taking the p*ss out of unneccesary catagorisation :D

:LOL:

my bikes only have one gear , more a fact of assembly than categorisation , they only become single speed when compared to other multi geared bikes and this is the first time ive written the word retro on this site

so far ive seen 2 bikes that are just "bikes" 1 very similar in appearance to how new york delivery riders seem to have their bikes ( admitidly it lacks racks or plastic tubs to carry things ) and another put together from discarded and free bits . does the lack of purchase money make it rat ? i just see a fine looking bike that utalised other peoples throw away mentality .

nothing wrong with the bikes , i just cant see why you would want to call something that required conscious effort rat

would putting appollo stickers on a ti merlin make it a trail sleeper :LOL:

is this rat ? single speed ? 4 20er :LOL:

untitledvbn.jpg

its all gerbil bikes to me :LOL:

CYCLING-GPs_786616i-1.jpg

perry said:
has rat now replaced the words crap and pointless ?

never understood why people put effort into making things look like they havnt put effort in

because it looks cool. simple. and the frame is pretty how much how i got it..just couldn't be harrissed to do anything about it.

seems to me some ppl out there will nick anything that isnt nailed down, dosnt matter what it looks like. conversely it only takes a bit of chain to put them off, dont even need a lock.
opportunists have no taste, and generally no clue what a decent bike looks like anyway. id say the big ovalised downtube and brand name would make it more of a target than my old sara with middleburns and hugis.
that said, i have seen better looking bikes dumped on the railway tracks at the end of my road.

Back