Press release- Dr S's big news!

Nice one Si , I guessed thats what it was going to be :D That is many a mans dream and very few live it :D

Shame Dad isnt here ... His contacts always had a nack of getting entires into the Classic ;)

Not sure if I would risk the SPA 6 hour mind with it ?? :shock:

Good luck and look forward to the progress reports :D

I saw the Swedish Saab at a veteran event last summer, let me tell you the engine sounded sounded like hell trapped in a jam jar – unbelievable!! :shock:
In in huge field full of angry V8s it was easily the loudest and most vicious! :cool:

Good luck!

that is absolutely amazing news. well done fella! i am hoping to be there for the 2010 event.

just a quick question though, as the cars are period race prepped, does that include the safety equipment too or do cages and harnesses have to be up to current FIA spec?

Fantastic! Good luck to you and your team.

Al. :D

does that include the safety equipment too or do cages and harnesses have to be up to current FIA spec?

Everything safety wise has to be current

daj":3velvsp1 said:
does that include the safety equipment too or do cages and harnesses have to be up to current FIA spec?

Everything safety wise has to be current

It was quite funny at last years classic. the officials were unhappy about some of the mounting points of the cages in certain cars- the answer was to remove the cage and re submit without one! Yes no cage at all was deemed safer than one fitted not within the letter of the law- only the French bless em!

Spa race is in October I think and should be a blast- its tough on cars and drivers but what a race.

More news to follow soon- lots happening today. Thanks for all your support and good wishes.

I think a retrobike sticker would be cool on the car- I'll put one on my helmet too to match my bike lid :LOL: I'll put RB down as an official partner when we build the website next month. What about giving the Monkey of Hope a few laps?

Cheers
Si

Yes no cage at all was deemed safer than one fitted not within the letter of the law

Ive got photos of dad hacksawing cage out of a Shelby Mustang for the same thing on the Tour Auto. Because the Car was USA spec Cage the French wouldnt have it so they had to take loads of it out .... It was crazy!! :roll:

Back