The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Eddy

I have discussed this with a fellow forum member but i'll pop the question here also.
I have a nice Yo Eddy '91 Aquafade, i have posted almost every step i made,..and i am sorry if it was to often, i appologize for this :oops:
But it had a bad start, with the whole KonaMad issue,...the bad taste in my mouth about this bike never went away,...it is just not my bike,...for some reason,..

But what is it worth?
I have paid a lot of money for the frame and even more for the matching fork and it has some nice gear

I prefer not to split the bike

Fat.jpg

Fat11.jpg

specs:
Yo Eddy S/M frame with matching fork in a nice beautifull honest condition, no rust and no big scratches
Chris King wheelset with DT spokes and ceramic mavic rims (perfect)
Chris King Headset
Shimano XTR derrailleurs F+R
Shimano XT Thumbie's
Shimano XTR Canti's
Paul Comp brake levers (New)
Ringle H2O bottle case
Ringle Ti Stix QR's incl Seatclamp
Syncros Revolution cranks,
Syncros Stem
Syncros Ti Bar
Syncros Ti Seatpost 29,4
Syncros Ti BB
Flite Ti saddel
Tioga Psycho Kevlatr tyres (Never been outside)
Onza Ho Ti

all parts are really nice, only the best was good enough for this bike but i have never used it once, I have not even sat on it :roll:

to Defiant

I'd suggest you at LEAST take it for a spin before making a decision to sell it. Especially considering you put all that work and effort to getting the frame and building it up so nicely! Maybe that one turn around will warm your heart to the bike and free yourself of all that "bad taste" in your mouth?

If it was mine, i don't think i could part with it.

cheers and good luck with your decision!

Re: Yo Eddy

Defiant":1m7g8zty said:
I have discussed this with a fellow forum member but i'll pop the question here also.
I have a nice Yo Eddy '91 Aquafade, i have posted almost every step i made,..and i am sorry if it was to often, i appologize for this :oops:
But it had a bad start, with the whole KonaMad issue,...the bad taste in my mouth about this bike never went away,...it is just not my bike,...for some reason,..

But what is it worth?
I have paid a lot of money for the frame and even more for the matching fork and it has some nice gear

I prefer not to split the bike

Fat.jpg

Fat11.jpg

specs:
Yo Eddy S/M frame with matching fork in a nice beautifull honest condition, no rust and no big scratches
Chris King wheelset with DT spokes and ceramic mavic rims (perfect)
Chris King Headset
Shimano XTR derrailleurs F+R
Shimano XT Thumbie's
Shimano XTR Canti's
Paul Comp brake levers (New)
Ringle H2O bottle case
Ringle Ti Stix QR's incl Seatclamp
Syncros Revolution cranks,
Syncros Stem
Syncros Ti Bar
Syncros Ti Seatpost 29,4
Syncros Ti BB
Flite Ti saddel
Tioga Psycho Kevlatr tyres (Never been outside)
Onza Ho Ti

all parts are really nice, only the best was good enough for this bike but i have never used it once, I have not even sat on it :roll:

I'm sad to read this, but can completely relate, except mine was with a certain sports car I had, that just seem to have bad mojo/karma/whathaveya.

Anyway, the only way you will get what you put into it, (and possibly more), is by parting it out on the bay. Otherwise, find a person on here who is familiar with the build and detail, and can appreciate it enough, to give you a good value for it.

At auction as a whole, it might pass the $1200 mark (us dollars). If you part it out, it should fetch you well over that...probably well over the $2000 mark if you have the right people watching your auction.

Hell, I have to clear out a lot, if you still have it once I'm through, I'll buy it....this is one my favorites on here....I love it for it's like of obvious bling....so tasteful, subtle, and fine.

Re: Yo Eddy

Defiant":304t8hx4 said:
But what is it worth?
a yo eddy cought EUR 1.210,00 on ebay de recently.
http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0335540301
i'd rate yours a bit higher as your revos seem to be in very good condition. is the paintjob a respray? if not i guess you could achieve up to 2000+ euros on ebay with a good listing.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Topline cranks and Proshift brakes

What are the following worth?

- Red Topline cranks 175mm - thse came off a Barracuda A2X I purchased in 1994

- Red Proshift V brakes - also from 1994 off the same bike

Cheers

Attachments

• Proshift brake set.jpg
    Proshift brake set.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,995
  • Topline cranks back.jpg
    Topline cranks back.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,995
  • Topline cranks.jpg
    Topline cranks.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,995
Any idea of the value of pair of 99 Manitou SX Carbon?

The fork are working fine and there are the usual marks due to a few years of use.

Thank you.

Just as a reference point it sold on ebay for £160

optimus primer":74hoc93z said:
I have sat in my shed a 1991 (I think) Kona Lavadome and wonder what it was worth, if anything. It is as it came from the factory except the grips and the seat. It still has the original tyre with the Joe Murray decal on.

In reasonable condition, no massive chips or rust, not bent or broken. I think its a 19" frame.

Any idea of its value wold be appreciated.

kona1.jpg

kona3.jpg

kona2.jpg

kona4.jpg

Re: Topline cranks and Proshift brakes

mark3823":1vdjt4et said:
- Red Topline cranks 175mm - thse came off a Barracuda A2X I purchased in 1994
length?
~80Euros

mark3823":1vdjt4et said:
- Red Proshift V brakes - also from 1994 off the same bike
sure? vbrakes in 1994?