ebays new postage system

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Anybody used it yet?

I just tried to list my collection of heavy metal albums[some 18 of them]as 1 auction,but when i went to add postage which i reckoned to be about £7,i found they wouldnt let me list it ,saying 'the maximum postage fee for this category is £4
£4 :shock: who are they kidding? those albums weigh about 5 Kg all together
This is to force us to use more listings maximizing their fees

I've left several very strong messages in their forums and sent some direct
in which ive included the words
You're a bunch of greedy Bas****s
they cant whistle for their fees too cos im canceling their direct debit
i wonder what the adjusted postage fee is for sending an entire bike??
£6 maybe

Well ,they've forced me out
Or i'll sell 1 item a year and use up their space opting for every free enhancement i can get :LOL: :LOL:

its probably so people dont rip buyers off with postage . its probably seeing the ad as a single record and not letting you try and make a killing posting it for £7 :?

perry":2qbopwau said:
its probably so people dont rip buyers off with postage . its probably seeing the ad as a single record and not letting you try and make a killing posting it for £7 :?

But if the postage is stated, and if it is a rip-off then don't bid, that way you don't pay silly postage fees. I can't stand people who complain about postal prices that are clearly stated before they make the purchase, they're morons. Not implying that any poster on here is a moron. :cool:

Postage

I think sometimes even though you agree to postage price its not always justified when item arrives.
I just bought some limited edition vans for my partner and postage was £8, no problem, steep but was prepared to pay. Today they show up in a reused envelope, vans inside wrapped in a bin liner with a £3 postage docket. Thats bollocks and I politely told the seller so and was refunded £4. It was amicable but I would certainly have taken it through ebay if she didnt sort it. I know about packing, time etc but this time it wasnt justified. I sell stuff as well and try to keep it down.
Some people take the piss as postage is not part of the profit making area of the sale.

Jamie

Ebay have just sent me a 10% off voucher!!

Any item up to £1000 (well max £100 discount)

Anybody else got one of these?

I dont reckon i'll get one ,not with the blowing my top letter i just sent them full to the brim of expletives
:roll:
So instead of selling all of them as one lot ,im now stuck with individual auctions,i might sell only half ,instead of 1 lot for 15p listing fee ,i have to pay 15p i now have to pay £2.70
Ok i realize i could add on the postage as my starting price,but that also incurs higher fees

OK ,thats is everone ,my rant is over,i'll just have to pay more like everybody else :cry:

I think it is to get people to pay the correct fees.

For instance say you were after a memory stick, most of them are like 99p and the actual cost is made up in the postage so the seller does not have to pay a lot of fees thereby shafting ebay.

We all know it would cost next to nothing to send it, but quite happily pay the £14.99 or whatever because the total for the item is about right.

It was only a matter of time before ebay did something :x

Lets just hope our paypal as a gift is not the next to go :(

Guess what, got two accounts so got two discounts.

10% off twice, gonna have to chose carefully ;)

Chris.

Wat seems to be happening is people are putting the postage price in the listing and leaving the usual postage bit blank. Or a variation of this.

Back