Pace RC100 front end

explosif_fan

Old School Hero
Started off intending to quickly replace the elastomers on Saturday, then turned into a bit of a resto job. Rebonded the brake fittings, polished the alloy fittings, blasted and painted the magura brace and magura fittings, cleaned up the controls and fitted the two finger levers instead of the four finger levers as they look better.

These are one of the very first RC35s made, supplied as leg upgrade for the RC100, original RC30 black anodised and angle cut fork crown, bonded dropouts. The stem/steerer is a very unusual minus 10 degree Pace one, offered as part of the leg upgrade, the idea being that due to the increased axle/crown height because of the suspension legs it lowers the bar height to the same as it would be with the rigid legs fitted.

All fittings are Venhill/Pace lime green alloy apart from the crown bolts which are the earlier champagne finish Pace bolts.
Handlebars are the later Sub 130 Renthals upgraded in early 90`s.

I have so many more projects the RC100 is at the very bottom of the list at the moment so don`t expect regular updates!

dds247.jpg

dds244.jpg

dds245.jpg

does your stem have a negative rise?

My Rc100 came with the same swap out leg upgrade, also has the rigid legs and the instructions for the leg upgrade, if your keen I can get you a scan of them.

Yes it is minus 10 degrees, puts the stem perfectly in line with the crossbar. Compensates for the RC35 legs 1.5" height increase.

Re the scan go for it be interesting to look at.

Thanks

I desperately want one of those.

Looking fantastic. It could only be better if it was in the For Sale section :)

Theyre looking fab :D

Give the steerer a clean up,it spoils the overall look.

:idea: prevents rust :D

Those look marvelous, I never realised the beauty of these early forks until this thread.

Thanks for sharing.

Where did you get the 2 finger levers from? I am desperate for some of those (My set has one 2 finger and one 4 finger :? ).

Also do you know where I can get some of those gold alloy bolts like on your stem and the ones holding your maguras on?

Chris.

I got the 2 finger levers off a scrapped Saracen Hydrotech E stay bike a friend had. Much better than the huge 4 finger jobs!

I have the 4 finger ones I was keeping for spares but let me know if you are desperate.

No idea about the gold/green bolts, these are all ones that Ive had spare. apart from I need 4x m5 ones for the bottle cages! Venhill used to do them as I bought some from my local bike shop 15 years ago.

Never realised Pace did a negative rise stem, looking forward to seeing the complete build when you get around to it :)

Rich

Back