My Old Chromo ended RTS, new pics page 1...

fingers

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After experimenting with canti's, I decided to go back to XT V brakes - I kept catching my feet on the cantis!!!

Oh and a QR to drop the seat, and a non CD crank - NOS sugino XD600.

I know its not really period correct, but its mostly old and very useable!

The only change pending is to fit some WTB velociraptors when Ive worn out the fat nokian tyres...

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

good stuff, i like, i'd maybe change the stem for a kore or something less chunky, but other than that 'tis sweet :D

edit: and flat bar :cool: but if you're using it more downhill then ignore me.

cringle":rambakuf said:
good stuff, i like, i'd maybe change the stem for a kore or something less chunky, but other than that 'tis sweet :D

edit: and flat bar :cool: but if you're using it more downhill then ignore me.

I weigh a lot, so I like the strength of the azonics!!!

Im not sure about the stem too, I figured azonics gear was the stuff to have in the mid 90's... If I could find a nice silver kore stem I might be tempted!!!!

Updated pic -

Azonics stem/bar gone, replaced with
Tioga Alchemy stem
Xlite bar
Xlite barends

Mavic D521s/Fat Nokian tyres swapped for
Mavic 221s/WTB velociraptors

I know X lite is a bit English for my retro GT but they were lying about in the spares box, so I thought, why not!. The lighter wheels make it much quicker too.

IMG_0662.jpg

So here it is, out for a spin...

The bike rides really nicely, just spin along in the middle of the gears, just enough squidge to take the sting out

The fit is excellent too, reach and height spot on, it really doesnt feel like a 15+ year old design

Fast and light (even tho its not...) and velociraptors are great tyres arent they... :cool:

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

Back