The swearing in of Barack Obama

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
''Do you, Barack Obama, do solemnly swear that you will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of your Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States?''

''Yes I f***ing well do"

The BBC America correspondants run a real risk of soiling themselves if they get any more excited by the swearing in of a man who has yet to prove himself in the job. I recognise the social impact of his success in the race for president but now let's take a breath and see if this promised change can fight its way through congress and American conservitism. Good luck to him with that!

Yes, everyone seems to behave as though he's the messiah. I realise that reality is relative, but they are setting themselves up for a real disappointment as the reality about how much harder it is to change stuff compared to talking about changing it.

Let's just hope he's a bit more of a doer than Blair.

Historically in America, when the Democrats are in power the economy does well, because they spread the wealth around-as when Bill Clinton was elected ( after years under George Bush Sr. ) and the economy roared thru the 90's. When the Republicans are in power the rich do well because the Republican party is controlled by the rich and they spend far less on social programs, etc. and take money out of the economy for themselves, leaving less for the middle and lower classes. Thus with a Democrat now in office as of today, we should see a gradual upturn in the economy for the next several years.

Apparently she has a novel way of clitting off the cigar end.

:oops: Sorry i meant -clipping

http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/

Make your own versions of the now classic Obama campaign poster. From this:

obama.jpg

to this...

original_image.gif
say-no-go.gif

I want to do the Bontrager logo with "STEEL" underneath. But, they won't let us upload images from work. Gah!

FairfaxPat":1nua884j said:
Historically in America, when the Democrats are in power the economy does well, because they spread the wealth around-as when Bill Clinton was elected ( after years under George Bush Sr. ) and the economy roared thru the 90's. When the Republicans are in power the rich do well because the Republican party is controlled by the rich and they spend far less on social programs, etc. and take money out of the economy for themselves, leaving less for the middle and lower classes. Thus with a Democrat now in office as of today, we should see a gradual upturn in the economy for the next several years.

Well said, Pat.

Back