Vista vs XP

After much dissing of Vista, I built my new PC with it, and in all honesty, its not bad at all. Took me a bit of getting used to. But performance wise it has been spot on so far.

Mainly went with it for DX10 and to make some use of my quad core processor.

I've use both at work. Vista is better. But not by much. Plus they are both rubbish just one is better than the other rubbish.
Mac are so much easier to use

Am I the only weirdo that actually PREFERS vista?! As long as you have more than 1gb (which microsoft say is the MINIMUM to run vista, which means it'll work. just.) you'll be alright. Took a couple of days to adjust to the 'same but different' bits but generally vista's been perfectly ok.

My boss had some problems with a new vista equipped laptop and it just turned out to be loaded with software that conflicted with vista, as soon as he sorted out the start up bits everything was fine

Microsoft released Vista far too early. Xp was nearly sorted and then they gave us Vista :twisted:

Microsoft as with a lot of other companies rely on Joe Public to test their products. Vista looks good but it still requires alot of work.

I will be sticking with XP until Vista is sorted. ;)

That sounds about right ! Bring out yet another operating system when you still haven't cracked the last one. :LOL:

If you've got Vista have a look at this site. I've used this to cut down on unnecessary services and it's running almost as fast as XP now. :cool:

Back