Fruit Pastilles

i believe in fixies":1lghtnjk said:
Start a thread like the steerer swap one for fruit pastilles.

The problem is there would be a glut of Orange and very few red. Mind you they could command a strong price on Fleabay! :D

my brother made a fruit pastille last 48 minutes.

I made a polo last 1 hr 10 mins.

I throw down the gauntlet

Easy, i just found some polo's down the back of my sofa that have been there at least 6 months!! ;)

BarneyRubble":20l25fjx said:
i believe in fixies":20l25fjx said:

The problem is there would be a glut of Orange and very few red. Mind you they could command a strong price on Fleabay! :D

The problem there is you'll get someone like Konamad buying cheap orange ones and painting them red then selling them on the bay to unsuspecting fools. At least a retrobike pastille exchange could be moderated by someone. You could have another forum for Maynards Wine Gums and never would the twain ever have to meet.

i believe in fixies":3mc1wnwk said:
BarneyRubble":3mc1wnwk said:
i believe in fixies":3mc1wnwk said:

The problem there is you'll get someone like Konamad buying cheap orange ones and painting them red then selling them on the bay to unsuspecting fools. At least a retrobike pastille exchange could be moderated by someone. You could have another forum for Maynards Wine Gums and never would the twain ever have to meet.

I hadn't thought about the potential for repainting. :? Might have to stick to the exchange. Someone who loves Orange will be having a field day. :)

I think that there's more orange fruit pastilles because Rowntrees have an orange colouring lake. :LOL: :LOL:

Isn't the orange food colouring banned in every country in the entire world...
Except for the UK of course
:shock: we must have Lochs of the stuff

Little Scottish slipping in there :LOL:

IIRC correctly there are fifteen pastilles in a packet, so something is wrong with the original maths.

You should get three of each colour except for red, where the flavouring costs more, so you only get two. Obviously the mixing into packets is not that precise, but that is what a guy from Nestle told me the production was around ten years ago.

You can get all purple packs now, I ate one yesterday. No good if your favourite is red though.

EDIT: My maths is even worse as that only makes 14! Maybe it was 4 orange....

retrojon":15mh9mfq said:
IIRC correctly there are fifteen pastilles in a packet, so something is wrong with the original maths.

You should get three of each colour except for red, where the flavouring costs more, so you only get two. Obviously the mixing into packets is not that precise, but that is what a guy from Nestle told me the production was around ten years ago.

You can get all purple packs now, I ate one yesterday. No good if your favourite is red though.

Maybe there was only 6 orange, but still far too many! I think this goes beyond poor mixing, I think it is a case of credit crunch pastilles. if red are the most expensive as you state, then orange must be cheapest (due to the banning of the colour in most other countries). I might just stick to the all black packets from now on. :)

Back