hope mini brakes - mine are rubbish

I'd bet on contaminated discs - fit some new pads and buy some disc cleaner. Discs are incredibly fickle, have to be very careful going near the bike with spray on lubes or wd-40 etc as just a waft of wind will feck up your braking.

I ran Minis with 160mm F and R for a heart-stopping and harrowing 6 months until I gave up on them. Three services from different (but all good) mechanics did nothing at all to them and I spent a pile on pads and ages in the workshop tweaking, cleaning, swearing etc.

In the end I gave up and sourced two Mono Mini calipers second hand. I flushed the system out, attached the new calipers to the old levers and hoses and bled them carefully. Far better braking instantly - though I have to say still not as good as I'd hoped for. Good enough for almost all my riding, and the marginal moments help keep me sharp!

I'm sure there will be plenty with more positive experiences, but for me Hope brakes don't reach the standards they set with their bearing-based parts. Hubs and headsets are great, but I won't bother with their brakes again, and will change the Mono Minis when finances allow. FWIW, if you can find Mono Mini calipers only at a fair price then you should go for it as that could be a cost-effective upgrade.

Oh yes - I think their QRs and seat clamps are substandard too!

Cheers, Gareth.

180 front
Stops you, even if you're an elephant :LOL:
I've ran C2's with both the sport and pro levers,the pro made a big difference,i found the sport levers flexed and felt spongy
Could that be a factor?

Back