Another hecticish day in the wine trade

I can't believe they make the driver provide the float! That is terrible.

Might be OK driving a rural bus but I'd imagine a city route would be hell.

retrojon":yqaah2l9 said:
I can't believe they make the driver provide the float! That is terrible.

When i was a driver it wasn't forced on us as we had the option of make the passenger pay the correct fare then apply for there change back or put my hand in my pocket and provide the change myself just for an easier life. I used to carry a £5 float made up of silver, so if someone got on my bus with a tenner then unlucky.

retrojon":yqaah2l9 said:
Might be OK driving a rural bus but I'd imagine a city route would be hell.

Never really did rural stuff, best job i had was driving a for a small local company driving a mini bus that did a lap round the local towns finishing up at the hospital, Regular customers who new the score, If they didn't have the right money they either paid on the return journey or next day, When it was p1ssing down with rain i would pick them up at there front door instead of making them wait at the bus stop. Worst job i had was running a night bus out of Manchester the amount of weirdos and drunks you deal with is scary, The last bus 11pm was horrendous so my way of doing it was to scare them into there seats so they couldn't cause me grief a 1hr journey clipped to 20 minutes :twisted:

I thought this was a thread about difficulties selling wine at Christmas time :?

I used to catch the bus often in Brighton, and generally had good experiences. A couple of grumpy drivers but everyone has bad days!

It's crazy thinking everyone's going to have the correct change. When you are selling something for cash you really need to be able to provide change. The bus company really should provide a float. Cash machines only dispense notes. If you're going to work, and you don't spend money on lunch etc. where is a customer going to get change from? Saying that customers should always have the correct change is so inward looking and ignorant it makes me cross.

It's always hard dealing with customers, but surely it can also be really rewarding, when they come back and say, for instance, what a great wine it was you recommended. You shouldn't take things so personally. Ignorant people will walk away and remain ignorant, no matter what you say or do. Their loss. :LOL: :LOL:

I don't have to deal with the public in by chosen career, but it has it's difficulties. Imagine working on a project, researching it for weeks, pouring your soul out into a piece of creative work, that meets a difficult set of requirements, then to have someone say 'I don't like green' or 'can we have the words in comic sans because my son likes that font' :shock:
I love my job though, and try to calmly explain the reasoning behind the logo being green, or the use of a particular typeface. I usually get my way in the end, as long as the work I have done is sound. And the results are great to hear, when you get great feedback like 'the new design worked wonders, 25% increase in sales, and it's a crap wine!' ;)

can we have the words in comic sans because my son likes that font

It's a generally held rule that you are legally allowed to punch people who say that.

FACT

And people who use the 'Algerian' typeface because it's the first fancy looking one on the drop down list in word.............you are actually allowed to stab them........ :p

Anyway, ye can't always have dsicerning customers with taste..........
withnailcap5.jpg

"We deman' th'finess wiyness avail'ble to humanity.................."

Lysander":9eksnamw said:
It's a generally held rule that you are legally allowed to punch people who say that.

FACT

And people who use the 'Algerian' typeface because it's the first fancy looking one on the drop down list in word.............you are actually allowed to stab them........ :p

Anyway, ye can't always have dsicerning customers with taste..........
withnailcap5.jpg

"We deman' th'finess wiyness avail'ble to humanity.................."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back