What motivates you to buy a particular car?

Pickle":wa7w1u08 said:
clunker":wa7w1u08 said:
Has to be rwd and fast :cool:

4x4 is where its at ;)

Smiled to myself when a Impratzer over cooked it on the RAF Wyton roundabout and spun thinking 4WD is perfect.

Same roundabout killed an old school friend and overturned a mates Subaru.

Well I've had my old Citroen ZX for about 10 years - enormous boot with the seat folded down that swallows the bike whole - and I ride part of my commute each day - bike goes in the back of the car.

So into the car dealer as the old ZX is getting a bit ropey, ask to look at one of theirs - salesman opens the drivers door for me to step inside, but I'm sizing up the boot space and he has to prove it's got enough space for the bike before I'll even look at the business end!

The other half has disappeared inside the show room at this point to avoid the toe curling embarrasment of witnessing my eccentric bike search but that's my criteria - no room for the bike - no deal!

In no particular order

Power, handling, economy, style, space for bikes on/in car

Gawd knows why I ended up with this :LOL:
2628283147_382b71c1ab.jpg

130bhp/229lbft of torque (~ the same as a Porsche Boxster S!), 45-50mpg, ins gp 8, £120 road tax, handling's ok, a little bit of style & room for the bikes... :twisted:

al":3ch9vm6i said:
Low light bay,good man!

Al, :D

Yep, I've got a 1302s bug as well......shame the budget doesn't allow for a ghia......squareback....trekker.....frid.......'67 911.........oh if only the space and the spare cash!

Are you on earlybay.com?

Yeah!

I am the proud owner of a couple,64 notch and a mystery 68!!

See i've mentioned it three times now! ;)

Al.

Back