Five steps of RetroBiking...(so far)

Not so much of a rule but a warning. Dont ever get the email address of a person whose working on the same project you are and whose equally enthusiastic. You will not get any work done :LOL:

ameybrook":1hqsmctt said:
Not so much of a rule but a warning. Dont ever get the email address of a person whose working on the same project you are and whose equally enthusiastic. You will not get any work done :LOL:
guilty like you cant believe :shock:

Lid":27chvzda said:
Not for NEWBEES!

1 Decide to slap some parts on the ole rig and....stumble across the site.
Glorious euphoric discovery. Hurrah people into old Mtbs.
Buying, selling, endless info at one's fingertips. Your children/work colegues are soon able to recognise the site on your PC from 30 ft away.

2 Enthusiastically leap right in. Step 2 is recognised by knowing Jez's home address. Gil's e-mail address and your new Paypal address.
Usually contains an E-Bay and booz incident.

3 E-Bay bumps. Learn to buy high sell low. Scammers, sharks and worse...
people with unlimited money to out bid you.
The end of phase 3 is clearly defined with "Bid Nip??? Snip!?!? You mean
people arnt even bidding?!?"

4 Learn Ameybrook is a Guy and Isaac_AG is a Girl.

5 Bike build gets stuck..followed by the purchase of another bike/project.
Realise you didnt ride that day so you could polish some 15 year old component.
Sell it for far less than your time cleaning/photographing/shipping was worth.
My God :shock:
are you a psychologist :LOL: :LOL:
Number 4 cracks me up :D

tintin40":2jm8v1ht said:
Don't go by car much. I always check out the bike first then the girl. Don't see many nice girls on bikes and cetainly not nice girls on nice bikes :shock: That would most certainly mean they have a man in their life who looks after the bike and know whats what concerning bikes. Sorry girls don't mean to upset any ladies on the site. May be its a london thing?

Get yourself over to Germany mate. I work in a big uni town sometimes and the sheer amount of stunning women you see on bikes is jaw-dropping. (this is why my dale is currently locked up there, waiting for my return :LOL: )
I think the fact that most of the women there use bikes as their everday transport deffo contributes to their general fitness ;)

#36b: You've worked for hours building, completing a perfect reproduction of what you owned BITD, thousands spent.

Legrandefromage finds one in original condition down the tip with just the tyres needing some air.

28. the bike you spent ages building to pefection thus becomes too good to ride.....so you then build another one not realising the same will happen again....... :D

Oh dear - I already recognise shades of my experience so far. I'm deemed a geek by certain colleagues, and beyond the pale by my husband. Is there actually any hope of redempton?

spotting the talent

i had a suspision i wasnt the only one to eye up the bike racks in town. stopping and staring at the old neglected milf (marin i'd like to filch). on odd occasions i have often felt like leaving a note offering to clean and lube their bike and crimp that frayed cable end.

Back