NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL v.2

LGF "(although I am often rolled in glitter)"
That's what's known as "self ef-faeces-ing" humour. I like it.

Inspired by torqueless's "rough old sketchwork" I've been busy with my crayons.
Very rough concept for some more accurate decals on the 40th anniversary frames.

Seriously though, they should have produced something like the Raleigh Japan (Araya) frames.

VCB, that's some masterful backpedalling after dominating two threads. If you buy that renovated frame build it up as a fixie, you'll be able to do some impressive stunts. Are you going to share the details of the two SBDU frames you were intending to renovate?

Attachments

• bso crayon.jpg
    bso crayon.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 260
I'm not allowed my crayons back until I stop eating them. Today would have been Blue Crayon Tuesday.

The problem now is that anyone riding these Raleighs will be thinking that they are performing at a pantomime as they hear booos and hissses from the decal haters.

I'd be out there, giving it large at at least 11mph suddenly thinking I ahve a slow puncture or something.

Oh and my 'Ferrari' is very pertinent to the thread as its an MR2

Re:

Since I've got some time on my hands I've been working up a "prarper jarb" (as they say somewhere in provincial England) version of my rough sketch seat tube transfer upthread.
The letters are 20mm high, each separated by about 2mm, making the distance from the top of the 'R' to the bottom of the 'H' 152mm. If TREK or anyone else has access to a kosher original maybe they could measure it and let me know how close I am?

Peachy!":10ba0lz7 said:
Dame Dyer walks on, stage left...

just his weekend clothes , nothing unusual ….

back to more serious matters, this thread has probably done its course, now descending into nothingness

There are relevant subjects that haven't been covered.

Raleigh UK have got off quite lightly. The picture of the rear end of the frame
has disappeared from the beginning of this thread. I don't know why.
I don't think there has been a critical look at the reason the frames weigh so much.
Are the stays and forks 753? Is the brazing silver? The rear end looks welded.
Has anybody got a refund because they are dissatisfied?
I feel for anyone who has bought one and is unhappy with it. I've had a similar experience buying a used car and had to put it down to experience, ultimately taking a loss equivalent to the price of one of the 40th anniversary bikes.

I think the reminiscing about the old Raleigh is important, this is what is being exploited.
It isn't just Raleigh, it's many trusted brands that become just badges that get slapped onto mediocre products.

As this is a pantomime, when is somone going to throw sweets to us?
Retro Quality Street please, with all the old fashioned wrappers.

I believe these crayons are a cheap cash in. The font is nothing like the original.

Attachments

• 360F61C7-7880-48EF-BF14-68DA3BAABA48.png
    360F61C7-7880-48EF-BF14-68DA3BAABA48.png
    510.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 7BB96C11-949A-42DA-91CD-1C2148A48E3C.jpeg
    7BB96C11-949A-42DA-91CD-1C2148A48E3C.jpeg
    763.1 KB · Views: 191
Re:

A man who cares about his font is just sooooo sexy.

Attachments

• 2574a4a87a765388362fa361e9beeb79--classic-bikes-cycling-art.jpg
    2574a4a87a765388362fa361e9beeb79--classic-bikes-cycling-art.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 179
Here's the deal. I don't own a lightweight Raleigh, or have ever done, except for my first bikes as a child etc, though I admired the original as 1980 was my first Tour and the team were the top team of the day arguably. So I have no interest save a casual one.

But if I bought one of the frames and cast my eyes on the horror that is the rear dropouts in particular I would be horrified. If I bought it on ebay I would suspect that I had been conned and a cheap frame had been dressed up.

It's a project dreamed up by someone with a marketing degree whose interest in bicycles, if any, ended when they learned how to drive.

Back